Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant won’t be interviewed by the police about an incident in a San Diego church until the man who filed a police report agrees to talk, according to the Los Angeles Times.
According to reports, Bryant took a cellphone from a man he thought was taking pictures of him at a Carmel Valley church. Once Bryant realized no pictures had been taken, he returned the phone to the unnamed man and left.
But the man went to the hospital after the incident and then presumably to police claiming his wrist was injured in the ordeal.
“Something occurred,” a San Diego police department spokesman told ESPN, “And (Bryant) was involved. The investigation is ongoing. We're following up on the allegations and trying to sort it out.”
The San Diego police won’t be able to talk to the alleged victim until Aug. 24 and in the meantime Bryant’s camp is going on the offensive.
In a statement to the Times, Bryant attorney Mark Campbell said Bryant “is aware of the baseless allegations asserted against him and is prepared to defend against them fully.”
(Photo: Harry How/Getty Images)