So they used some of it this week for some friendly cracks at each other via their Twitter accounts. Their more than four million combined followers had to be amused as it seemed almost everything was fair game, including James’ receding hairline.
Here is a sampling of the exchange between the two close friends.
• "What does men PLATFORM shoes and @KingJames LINING have in common?? They both gone and ain't NEVER coming back.."
• "What does Dirk jumpshot and @KingJames LINEUP have in common??they both have hella ARC in the corners.."
• "Yall couldn't think I was done-Wht does Morgan Freeman & @KingJames have n common?? They both been OLD-since we've known of em.."
LeBron didn’t take long to fire back, and he made Wade’s feet the butt of his jokes:
• "What does Ceasar from Planet of Apes and @DwyaneWade have in common? Tell Dwade to take his socks off and you'll see"
• "What does Ronald McDonald and @DwyaneWade have in common? They both 6'2 and wear size 20 shoe!!"
• "What does Limos and @DwyaneWade feet have in common? They both 25ft long and has 5x the tint limit on the windows/toe nails"
Once the joking was over, both players made it a point to note that the jokes were, well, jokes, and not indicative of any negative feelings of each other.
"Jus gave yall alil insight of @KingJames & my relationship," Wade wrote. "its not tht serious people-We like to enjoy life and have fun-Were n on the jokes"
Added James: "Yes sir! Are friendship goes beyond playing basketball! And we have no problem with making fun of ourselves!"
(As of Wednesday morning, Wade had yet to fire a return crack about the difference between "our" and "are.")
(Photo: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
TRENDING IN NEWS