An unspeakable, gut-wrenching tragedy.
Former Philadelphia Eagles running back Reno Mahe's three-year-old daughter, Elsie, died Tuesday, a week after she was accidentally strangled by a mini-blind cord at the family's Utah home.
Mahe took to his Instagram account on Wednesday to painfully announce Elsie's tragic passing.
Just look how precious this child was.
According to local reports, the freak accident occurred on November 22, when Elsie was playing with a friend and a mini-blind cord wrapped around her neck. The family doesn't know how it happened or how long she was entangled. Although the toddler's mother began performing CPR prior to paramedics arriving, Elsie was pronounced brain dead at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City.
The family plans on donating Elsie's organs, so maybe she can help save others.
Upon learning of the tragedy, several of Mahe's former teammates and family members expressed their heartfelt condolences to the family.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, as reported by USMagazine.com, says nearly one child per month dies from being strangled by window cords.
BET Sports News — Get the latest news and information about African-Americans in sports, including weekly recaps, celebrity news and photos of your favorite Black athletes.
(Photo: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
TRENDING IN NEWS