“The Closer To My Dreams Tour Ticket Giveaway”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 13 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: MINORS MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING. ENTRANTS MUST HAVE THE “106 & PARK” FREE APP ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICE PRIOR TO ENTERING. ENTRANTS CAN DOWNLOAD THE “106 & PARK” FREE APP VIA ITUNES. This sweepstakes begins at 6PM EDT on July 6, 2011 and ends at 6PM EDT on August 5, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, watch “106 & Park” at 6PM EDT live during the Sweepstakes Period, look for the Code 106 barcode to appear on the screen, scan the barcode with your ”106 & Park” app which will direct you to the entry page, then fill-out and submit entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59PM EDT each day during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor (defined in Section 9 below) assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or mobile phone carrier/service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the promotion be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 13 YEARS OR OLDER as of July 6, 2011. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC, Live Nation, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Winner per market will receive four (4) tickets for the market selected at the time of entry to “The Closer To My Dreams Tour” scheduled July 9, 2011 in San Francisco, CA; July 17, 2011 in New Orleans, LA; July 22, 2011 in Detroit, MI; July 30, 2011 in Philadelphia, PA; and August 5, 2011 in Orlando, FL and access to attend a meet and greet with Tour artists (collectively, the “Prize”). Approximate retail value is $125.00 per ticket. Prize does not include any ground transportation or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed and are non-assignable and non-transferable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Winners will be randomly selected from amongst all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Winners will be announced live during the taping of “106 & Park” on February 10, 2011 (subject to verification). The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winners in their sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Winners by phone immediately following the time of selection.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other required documents within twenty-four (24) hours of notification. Failure to return these documents, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Winners agree to grant to Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their submission, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Winners to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Winners, available after August 5, 2011, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “The Closer To My Dreams Tour Ticket Giveaway” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.