“Think Like A Man DVD Sweepstakes"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of August 28, 2012. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sponsors”) are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE EITHER THE 106 & PARK FREE APP OR TEXT MESSAGING ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICE PRIOR TO ENTERING. ENTRANTS CAN DOWNLOAD THE 106 & PARK FREE APP VIA THE APP STORE OR GOOGLE PLAY. This sweepstakes begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT August 28, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT August 28, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, text “TLAM” to 79922 or watch 106 & Park beginning at 6:00 p.m. EDT during the Sweepstakes Period, look for the Code106 barcode to appear on the screen, and scan the barcode with your 106 & Park app which will direct you to the entry page, then fill-out and submit the entry form. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 28, 2012.
Sponsors assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or mobile phone carrier/service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsors. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZE: Nine (9) finalists (“Finalists”) will receive a “Think Like A Man” prize pack consisting of a DVD, soundtrack, and book. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a Sony home theatre system and a “Think Like A Man” prize pack consisting of a DVD, soundtrack, and book (collectively, the “Prize”). Prize does not include any other expenses not specified herein. Approximately retail value $400.00. Actual retail value will depend on the make and model of actual prize awarded. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed and are non-assignable and non-transferable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Nine (9) potential Finalists and one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected on or about August 29, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsors. Sponsors shall choose the winners in their sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsors will notify the potential winners by phone and/or e-mail.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release, W-9 form, and any other required documents within seven (7) days of notification. Failure to return these documents, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The winners agree to grant to Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their submission, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after September 13, 2012, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Think Like A Man DVD Sweepstakes” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSORS: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.