“Work the BET Awards Sweepstakes presented by Burger King”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of May 13, 2013. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”), Burger King, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE EITHER THE “106 & PARK” FREE APP OR TEXT MESSAGING ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICE PRIOR TO ENTERING. ENTRANTS CAN DOWNLOAD THE “106 & PARK” FREE APP VIA THE APP STORE OR GOOGLE PLAY. This sweepstakes begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT May 13, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT May 20, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and consists of three (3) phases.
Phase 1: To enter, text “BK” to 79922 or watch 106 & Park during the Sweepstakes Period, look for the Code106 barcode to appear on the screen, and scan the barcode with your 106 & Park app which will direct you to the entry page, then fill-out and submit the entry form. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 20, 2013.
Phase 2: On or about May 21, 2013, Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) finalists (the “Finalists”) from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Finalists will submit an original video of a maximum of three minutes (3:00) in length explaining why they are qualified to serve as a Production Assistant during the BET Awards ’13. Videos must be submitted by May 27, 2013 and cannot contain any background music, must be 100% original, and must feature the Finalist only.
Phase 3: On or about May 31, 2013, Sponsor will select one (1) winner (“Winner”) from among the Finalists based on the enthusiasm, level of interest, engaging personality and creativity displayed in their video, along with willingness to work hard who will have the opportunity to work as a Production Assistant during the BET Awards ’13 scheduled June 30, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. The Winner will be called via Face Time and announced during 106 & Park on June 3, 2013.
The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Winner will receive the opportunity to work as a Production Assistant during the BET Awards ‘13 scheduled June 30, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. The prize package includes: (i) round-trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the Winner’s residence to Los Angeles; (ii) hotel accommodations for four (4) nights at a hotel selected solely by Sponsor (one (1) single occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) ground transportation while in Los Angeles to and from the airport, hotel, and show taping; (iv) two (2) tickets to the BET Awards ’13; and (v) Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) spending money (collectively, the “Prize”). Restrictions and blackout period may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. Approximate retail value $3,500.00. Actual retail value will depend on the Winner’s place of residence. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 27 – July 1, 2013. If the Winner cannot be available on the specified dates, Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner. Prize does not include any ground transportation to and from the Winner’s residence and airport, meals, gratuities, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. If the Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of the Los Angeles area, he/she will receive round-trip ground transportation to and from his/her residence and the hotel in lieu of round-trip coach class airfare. Travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes and will be issued a 1099 at the end of the year. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Ten (10) potential Finalists will be randomly selected on or about May 21, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Finalists will submit an original video by May 27, 2013 that is a maximum of three minutes (3:00) in length explaining why they are qualified to serve as a Production Assistant during the BET Awards ‘13. One (1) potential Winner will be selected by Sponsor on or about May 31, 2013 from among the Finalists based on the enthusiasm, level of interest, engaging personality and creativity displayed in their video, along with willingness to work hard. The Winner will be called via Face Time and announced during 106 & Park on June 3, 2013. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the winners
in its sole discretion. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by phone and/or e-mail.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Finalists and Winner’s travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other documents sent by Sponsor within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return the documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Where permitted by law, the winners agree to grant to the Released Parties and their licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winners’ video, name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED
FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after June 27, 2013, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Work the BET Awards Sweepstakes presented by Burger King” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.