Win Your Chance To Be In Attendance For Angela Rye’s State Of The Union!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. An active Twitter account and internet access is required to participate.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Win Your Chance To Be In Attendance For Angela Rye’s State Of The Union” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the New York metropolitan area (i.e. residents of one any of the following five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island or the Bronx and the state of New Jersey) who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) or its parent(s), controlled affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner.
2. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize (defined below) cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of the Released Parties reasonable control.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday January 29, 2018 at 09:00 a.m.ET and ends on Tuesday January 30, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period:
Log into your Twitter® account;
Follow @BET on Twitter;
Tweet why you believe you should attend the taping of the special entitled, “Angela Rye’s State
Of The Union” using the hashtags #BETxAngelaRye and #Sweepstakes.
Entry must include the #BETxAngelaRye and #Sweepstakes hashtags in order to be eligible. Log on to www.bet.com/winangelaryesotu to view the Official Rules.
LIMIT: One (1) Submission per valid Twitter account. Additional entries will be disqualified.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void entrant’s entries, and that entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter® account. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Twitter® account used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Twitter®, whichever is applicable. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive Twitter® account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
6. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNER: Sponsor will randomly select five (5) potential winners (the “Winners”) on or about January 30, 2018 from among all eligible correct Submissions received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winners in its sole discretion which shall be final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Winners by p direct messaging to the Winners’ authorized Twitter account(s). The potential Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) and any other required documents in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential Winner forfeits the Prize (defined below). If the potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. PRIZES (5): Each Winner will receive admission for himself/herself and his/her one (1) guest (“Guest”) to the live studio taping of “Angela Rye’s State of the Union” special (the “Taping’)as part of the audience (the “Prize”). No substitution or transfer of Prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and is non-assignable and non-transferable. Admission to the Taping constitutes the complete Prize. No travel, transportation, accommodations, refreshments, souvenirs or other elements are included as part of the Prize and shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners. Winners are responsible for making their own arrangements to travel to the Taping location. There is no retail value associated with the Prizes. In the event of cancelation of the Taping for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to award a prize of equivalent or higher value.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software of hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the Prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
9. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its respective designees may use the Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, TWITTER, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, CONTROLLED AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILI8TY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSDQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITED THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a federal or state court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. WINNER’S LIST/COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the winners, available after February 1, 2018, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036, Attn: “Win A Chance To Be In Attendance For Angela Rye’s State Of The Union.” A copy of these Official Rules will be available at www.bet.com/WinAngelaRyeSOTU.
Copyright © 2018 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.
(Photo: MangoStar_Studio/Getty Images)