“DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic: BET Mother’s Day Contest”
Sponsored by BET
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Promotion Period: “DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic: BET Mother’s Day Contest” (the “Contest”) commences at or around 4:00:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on May 4, 2021, and ends at 12:00:01 PM (EDT) on May 9, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Entrants will be required to enter online to make Predictions (hereinafter defined) about the upcoming lineup for the DJ Cassidy’s Pass the Mic: BET Mother’s Day Edition(the “Show”).
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. If eighteen (18) is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which entrant resides (“Qualifying Minor”), entrant must obtain permission from his/her parent/legal guardian in order to participate in this Contest. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings) of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent and affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Contest Entities and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of the Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: (a) Visit https://www.bet.com/mothersdaycontest
5. Winner Selection/Notification: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, Sponsor will tally the total number of correct Predictions on each of the Eligible Entries and determine the one (1) Winner who will be the entrant who has submitted the most correct Predictions (the “Winner”). In the event of a tie between two or more entrants, the winner determination will be made by a random drawing from among all tied highest scoring Entries. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the potential Winner’s selection to contact the potential Winner via the email address and/or telephone number(s) provided on his/her entry form. If a potential Winner cannot be reached during the twenty-four (24) hour period in which he/she is called (no voice messages will be left on voicemail systems), the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
6. Winner Verification: Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Winner, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign, if Winner is a Qualifying Minor) within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Contest Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Contest Entities the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s agreement to sign such releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Contest Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that the Winner (and his/her parent/legal guardian if Winner is a Qualifying Minor) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or Prize Winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor relating to this Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prize (1): The one (1) Winner will receive a custom-curated DJ Cassidy birthday playlist (the “Prize”).
There is no retail value or cash value associated with the Prize; however, in the event that the Prize, as described above, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor shall endeavor to provide an alternate prize of comparable nature. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Prize if it determines, in its sole discretion, that an insufficient number of Eligible Entries were received during the Contest Period.
If the Winner is not available or is unwilling to accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligations to Winner.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor or a third party on Sponsor’s behalf and will be subject to talent availability. Upon entry into this Contest, entrants are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or any potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE WINNER THAT WILL BRING WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN CONTEST ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN A WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Contest, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner or in the announcement of the Prize and Winner. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of these Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend these Contest. Should these Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on contest URL https://www.bet.com/mothersdaycontest
and the Prize may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of these Contest, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THESE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from this Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize.
10. Request for the Name of the Winner and Official Rules: For the name of the Winner and/or to request a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “BET Pass the Mic Contest Winner” or “BET Pass the Mic Contest Rules” Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made within 60 days of the close of the Entry Period.
11. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored and administered by Black Entertainment Television LLC on behalf of BET, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Neither Instagram nor Twitter is in any way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of the winner or the fulfillment of the prizes. Inquiries (whether questions, comments or complaints) should be directed to BET, not Instagram or Twitter.