Hidden Keys Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) WHO ARE 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hidden Keys Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) who are 21 years of age or older as of October 4, 2016. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”), Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, Hartbeat Digital (collectively, “Sponsors"), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes are not eligible. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, promotional partners, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or from the possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, misappropriation, false association, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action and/or breach of contract. The Released Parties reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize (defined below) cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of the Released Parties reasonable control.
3. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on October 4, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), and ends on October 4, 2016 at 10:30 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The time posted on the Sweepstakes page as the time the entry was submitted to the site will be deemed the time of entry/submission.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To submit an entry (the “Submission”), watch the premiere of the “BET Hip Hop Awards” during the Sweepstakes Period, look out for the hidden “keys” that will appear throughout the show, once found, take a photo of your TV screen and upload to www.bet.com/hiddenkeys. Five (5) sets of hidden keys will appear during the show.
LIMIT: Entrants may only submit one (1) Sweepstakes Submission for each set of hidden keys. Entrants may only win once.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. PRIZE: Four (4) first prizes (“First Prize”) and one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) are available to be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The First Prize winners will receive one (1) “We The Best” prize pack, one (1) “Chocolate Droppa” prize pack, and one (1) pair of tickets to a BET awards show selected in BET’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each First Prize: $250.00. Actual retail value depends on the tickets selected. The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) “We The Best” prize pack,
one (1) “Chocolate Droppa” prize pack, and a 3 day/2 night trip for two (2) to the 2017 “BET Hip Hop Awards” tentatively scheduled in September in Atlanta, GA. The Grand Prize includes (i) roundtrip coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize winner’s residence (determined by BET in its sole discretion) to Atlanta, GA; (ii) roundtrip ground transportation in Atlanta to and from the airport, hotel, and awards show; (iii) standard hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel determined in BET’s sole discretion (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); and (iv) two (2) tickets to the awards show. ARV of the Grand Prize: $3,900.00. Actual retail value depends on the winner’s place of residence.
Prizes have no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period determined by BET. Winner must redeem/travel on the dates specified by BET, or he/she forfeits the prize. The prizes do not include any travel expenses unless stated otherwise, meals, incidentals, gratuities, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Travel guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary as the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If winner resides within one hundred and fifty (150) miles of Atlanta, GA, then he/she will receive ground transportation in lieu of roundtrip air travel at BET’s sole discretion. The Released Parties will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The Released Parties are not responsible if the awards show is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in the Released Parties’ sole discretion. Each winner will be solely responsible for all federal and state tax obligations related to receipt of the prize and will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes. A Form 1099-MISC with the actual fair market value of the prize will be issued to the winner at the end of the year by the Internal Revenue Service and, if applicable, the appropriate state taxing authority, as required by law. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. If the prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and is non-assignable and non-transferable.
In the event a winner and/or guest engages in behavior during prize travel that (as determined by BET in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of BET or any of BET’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, BET reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send the winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to winner and/or guest (which may, in BET’s sole discretion, result in such winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of the prize or a component thereof). In the event winner and/or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by BET in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner and/or guest to arrest or detention, BET shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner and/or guest as a result of such conduct. BET SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF WINNER’S OR GUEST’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: On or about October 4, 2016, BET will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received for each set of keys shown during the Sweepstakes Period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of BET. BET shall choose the winners in its sole discretion and its decision shall be final and binding. BET will notify the potential winners immediately following selection on October 4, 2016 by electronic message or telephone. Winners may be announced via social media platform(s) as determined in BET’s sole discretion.
7. WINNER REQUIREMENTS: The potential winners and Grand Prize winner’s travel guest will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability Waiver and Publicity Release, W-9 form, and any other documents sent by the Released Parties within five (5) days of receipt. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, unable to travel during the specified timeframe, or does not comply with these Official Rules,
the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, if any, in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
9. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that the Released Parties and their respective designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsors. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a federal or state court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and
consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, available after October 5, 2016, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018, Attn: “Hidden Keys Sweepstakes”. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
14. SPONSORS: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018; Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010, and Hartbeat Digital, 15910 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1505, Encino, CA 91436..
© 2016 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All rights reserved.