“Sprite® presents the BET.com Hip Hop Awards Hot 16 Contest”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories, and possessions) 18 YEARS OR OLDER as of July 10, 2017. Employees, officers, directors – and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members (whether related or not) of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”), The Coca-Cola Company, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively referred to as (“Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor, as defined in Section 10, reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT on July 10, 2017 and ends at 6:00 p.m. EDT on July 24, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received during the Contest Period. This contest consists of three (3) phases:
Phase 1: To enter the contest, log on to www.BET.com/hot16, enter the registration information, download the pre-cleared track provided courtesy of the Hot 16 producer, Zaytoven, for the creation of your video showcasing you rapping the hottest 16 bars (the “Entry”) over the pre-cleared track, then either upload your Entry or a hyperlink to your Entry to www.BET.com/hot16. The Entry must comply with the following standards:
c) Entry must be 100% original and not infringe upon any privacy, publicity, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights.
d) May not contain any music other than the pre-cleared track provided by the Hot 16 producer available for download and use in your Entry.
e) Must not mock, ridicule or disparage Contest Entities, or their products
or services, or any ethnic, religious or national group, gender, or sexual
f) Must not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) in
Sponsor’s sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, self- mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created.
g) Must not include references to third parties, including but not limited to minors, relatives, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized such reference(s). Entrant must be prepared to provide any signed third-party authorizations upon request.
Phase 2: On or about July 28, 2017, Hot 16 producer, Zaytoven, in collaboration with BET, will select two (2) potential finalists (the “Finalists”) from amongst all eligible entries received during the Contest Period based on originality, creativity, and lyrical skill.
Phase 3: The Finalists’ videos will be posted on the contest page on August 7 - August 11, 2017 for users to vote on their favorite Finalist. Votes must be received by 5:59 p.m. EDT on August 11, 2017. The Finalist with the most cumulative votes will be selected as the potential grand prize winner on or about August 14, 2017.
Limit: One (1) entry per person. By submitting an Entry in the contest, the entrant represents and warrants to BET that he/she is, as of the date of entry, at least the age of majority in his/her state/jurisdiction of permanent residence, is the only person appearing in the video, and is the copyright owner of the video content or is otherwise licensed to use such content and confer to BET the right to use the content as set forth herein. If more than one person appears in the Entry, entrant will be disqualified. BET reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify or not disqualify any entrant that violates these standards.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. BET reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the promotion, in whole or in part, by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by BET. Should the promotion be modified, suspended or terminated as aforesaid, the prize will nevertheless be awarded from all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) and in accordance with these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) prize (the “Grand Prize”) is available to be awarded in this contest. One (1) winner of this contest (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be featured on limited edition Sprite® packaging in The Coca-Cola Company’s sole discretion and will receive a 2-day/1-night trip to New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA for the opportunity to perform in the Hip Hop Awards Cypher taping tentatively scheduled for August/September 2017 (location and date to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and communicated to the Grand Prize Winner). The prize package includes the following and must be taken during the dates in August/September 2017 set by Sponsor:
a) One (1) round-trip coach class airline ticket from the major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA;
b) Hotel accommodations for one (1) night at a hotel selected solely by Sponsor (one (1) single occupancy room, room and tax only);
c) Ground transportation while in New York or California to and from the airport, hotel, and cypher taping; and
In addition, the Grand Prize Winner will also receive a 3 day/2 night trip for the winner and a guest to attend the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards in Miami, FL scheduled on October 6, 2017. That travel package includes the following and must be taken during the period October 5-7, 2017:
a) Two (2) round-trip coach class airline tickets from the major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Miami, FL (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
b) Ground transportation while in Miami to and from the airport, hotel, and awards show;
c) Hotel accommodations in Miami for two (2) nights at a hotel selected solely by Sponsor (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); and
Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize is $5,000.00. Actual retail value depends on time of booking and place of departure. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. If the Grand Prize Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA or Miami, FL, he/she will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation to the relevant city. Should ground transportation be substituted for air transportation, the difference in prize value, if any, will not be awarded. Prize does not include meals, gratuities, ground transportation to and from the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and the airport, and any other expenses not specifically listed herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Travel dates and accommodations subject to availability and scheduling; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and must travel on the same itinerary as the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion must be at time of prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (Sponsor will not be responsible for any such parent’s / legal guardian’s travel expenses), and must complete and return a liability/publicity release prior to prize award. If travel companion is a minor in his/her state of residence, minor’s parent/legal guardian must complete and return all releases on behalf of minor. Prize packages have no cash redemption value and must be taken during the specified timeframes. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot travel on any specified dates, prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate grand prize winner. The Grand P r i z e Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents. Any federal and state taxes for the prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide his/her social security number and will be issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If prize, or any portion of a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded, provided it is properly claimed.
In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her travel companion engages in behavior during prize travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or travel companion home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize Winner and/or travel companion (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Grand Prize Winner’s disqualification from the contest and forfeiture of the prize or a component thereof). In the event Grand Prize Winner or travel companion engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Grand Prize Winner or travel companion to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize Winner or travel companion as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR A N D CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S OR TRAVEL COMPANION’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
5. DETERMINATION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNER: On or about July 28, 2017, Hot 16 producer, Zaytoven, in collaboration with BET, will select two (2) potential Finalists from amongst all eligible entries received during the Contest Period based on originality, creativity, and lyrical skill. The Finalists’ video will be posted on the contest page August 7 – August 11, 2017 for users to vote on their favorite Finalist. Votes must be received by 5:59 p.m. EDT on August 11, 2017. The Finalist with the most cumulative votes will be selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner on or about August 14, 2017. Sponsor will notify the potential Grand Prize Winner by phone and/or e-mail after selection. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he or she is found to be ineligible or if the contest entrant cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and the alternative potential winner will be selected by Sponsor, in their sole discretion.
RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSEES, AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPERESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the BET.com web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of prize winner(s), available after September 22, 2017, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the “BET.com Hip Hop Awards Hot 16 Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
10. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036; and The Coca-Cola Company, 1 Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313. For the sake of clarity, The Coca-Cola Company is not responsible for the administration of the contest.