1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ENTRY PERIOD / CONTEST OVERVIEW: The “Never Rest: Internal Social Media Contest” Contest
(the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 25, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. (ET) on May 14, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. ET on May 14, 2018.
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Contest will be open to current full-time and part-time freelance, staff and contract staff employees of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”), excluding the members of the BET marketing department directly involved in the administration of this Contest, based in the United States who are U.S. citizens or legal residents and who are at least twenty one (21) years of age at time of entry. By participating in this Contest, entrants (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to this Contest, and (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, BET employees must post messages on their personal Twitter and Instagram pages (the “Posts”) about the new BET program “In Contempt” during the Contest Period. In their Posts, entrants are to tag an additional Twitter/Instagram user and include the hashtags, “#InContemptBET”, “#OneBETN” and “#Contest” (collectively “Entry”). Entries may not contain material, messages, data, images or programs that BET, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate. Entries submitted in full compliance with these Official Rules shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Eligible Entries and entrants who submit complete entries in full compliance with these Official Rules shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Eligible Entrants”.
Entries must be comprised only of original elements created by entrant and may not contain elements which are/have been created, developed, copyrighted, trademarked and/or patented by third parties or which are owned or subject to proprietary or licensing rights of or by an entity other than entrant(s) personally and in their individual capacity(ies).
Entries must be complete and be in compliance with these Official Rules to qualify as an Entry. Entrants must complete Entries as directed and within the timeframe specified by Sponsor. Failure on behalf of an Entrant to comply with the foregoing may result in an incomplete or disqualified Entry.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY AND ALL MATERIALS AND METADATA SUBMITTED FOR THIS CONTEST MAY BE VIEWABLE BY EMPLOYEES. IN ADDITION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE REPOSTED FOR PUBLIC COMMENTARY, FOR WHICH BET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE. Entrant agrees that: (a) he/she has all rights to the contents of the Entry and all components thereof, and that Entrant has obtained all rights, consents and permission necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (b) the Entry does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) he/she hereby waives all moral rights in and to the Entry with respect to BET’s use of the Entry Content in the manner authorized herein, (d) the Entry is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Entry in the manner authorized herein and it will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (e) the Entry not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Entrants agree that Entries shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
• Gratuitous Obscenity;
• Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols;
• Gang signs or symbols;
• Conspicuous sexual activity;
• Excessive, extreme, or gratuitous violence;
• Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use;
• Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, lyrics etc.);
• License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise;
• Website or web page links;
• Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual gender-identity, or religious groups, the humiliation other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others;
• Trespassing or the violation of other people’s rights or property;
• Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress) or any conduct that is otherwise in violation of Viacom’s Policy Against Harassment;
• Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules, Viacom’s Information Security Policies or Viacom’s Business Conduct Statement;
• Any recognizable individuals in the Entry who have not granted Entrant their express written consent; or
• Any other content, display, music, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, offensive, or not broadcast-appropriate, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In addition, Entrant is responsible for obtaining any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Entry by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules.
BET is not obligated to, use, publish, display or broadcast any Entry Content. Entrant acknowledges that BET will rely on such Entrant’s agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when Entrant submits or attempts to submit the Entry. BET reserves the right to reject any Entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of its “Standards and Practices” policies, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, or to contain music or any other content which is not “broadcast appropriate”. BET may modify or edit any materials related to a Contest Entry or request Entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
In submitting an entry into this Contest, each Entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to BET that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
There is no cost to enter the Contest, however internet access charges and/or wireless data rates may apply. Please check with your internet service and mobile wireless provider for current internet access charges, if any. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering. If you opt to submit an Entry via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about the week of May 24, 2018, a winner will be selected at random from among all Eligible Entrants by a BET marketing coordinator to be the one (1) grand prize winner (the “Winner”). Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of BET and, which are final. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone following BET’s decision.
6. GRAND PRIZE: The prize consists of one (1) trip for two (2) to be used by the Winner and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to Los Angeles, CA to attend the 2018 BET Awards (the “Awards”). Along with tickets for the Winner and their guest to the Awards, the Grand Prize also includes air travel and lodging accommodations (one (1) standard room based on double occupancy) as well as ground transportation to and from the Los Angeles airport and hotel for Winner and guest (collectively the “Prize”). Winner, and guest, will be responsible for their ground travel to and from their home to airport. Winner and guest will be responsible for the cost(s) associated with all meals, additional travel and other expenses not mentioned in these Official Rules.
The Prize is not transferable and no substitution or cash redemption of the Prize will be permitted. The fair market value of the Prize, including tickets, airfare, lodging and ground transportation is approximately One Thousand Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($1,750.00) and will be reported to the Winner and all relevant Governmental agencies as required by law. All Federal, state and local taxes and fees resulting from the receipt of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the BET except as specifically provided herein.
7. GENERAL RULES: Submission of any entry constitutes entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign to BET any and all right to entry materials, including without limitation all intellectual property rights therein. All entry materials, including without limitation essays and photographs must be original to entrant and must not contain any elements whose use by BET and the Contest Entities in accordance with the terms hereof would require the permission of or payment to any third party. The Contest Entities are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, or misdirected entries or email, or for any technical problems or for any malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware or software, or for lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, or any combination thereof. Winner responsible for clearing all necessary work week travel with his/her supervisor(s). BET is not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. BET reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. BET reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online on the Website. Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prizes.
8. GENERAL TERMS: All entrants release BET, Viacom International Inc. and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest, including without limitation claims for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of any award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
9. REQUEST FOR NAME OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules, send an email to the attention of Chanel Watson (email@example.com)
10. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored and administered by Black Entertainment Television LLC, a department of Viacom International Inc., 1540 Broadway, New York, New York 10036.