“Joyful Noise BET Awards ’17 Trip Giveaway Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions), 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of August 5, 2016. Employees, officers, directors, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (the “Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST ATTEND A TAPING OF “JOYFUL NOISE” SCHEDULED AT 4PM AND 8PM ET ON AUGUST 5, 6 AND 7, 2016 AT BET STUDIO 2 IN WASHINGTON, D.C. ENTRANTS SHALL NOT ATTEND A TAPING FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO HTTP://WWW.BET.COM/SHOWS/JOYFUL-NOISE.HTML. This sweepstakes begins on August 5, 2016 and ends on August 7, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Eligible entrants who voluntarily agree to participate, will receive a ticket as an entry into the sweepstakes. During each taping, Sponsor will randomly select a ticket from a pool of eligible entries.
Log on to http://www.bet.com/shows/joyful-noise/more/joyful-noise-contest.html to view Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the sweepstakes in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sweepstakes Entities. Should the sweepstakes be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4) will nevertheless be awarded from amongst eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit: One (1) entry per person.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for lost, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, late, interrupted illegible or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. PRIZE: ONE (1) WINNER PER SHOW PER DAY will receive a 3 day/2 night trip for two (2) to the “BET Awards” tentatively scheduled on or about June 25, 2017 at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The prize package includes (i) round-trip coach class airfare from the major gateway airport closest to the winner’s residence to Los Angeles; (ii) two (2) tickets to the “BET Awards;” (iii) hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (one (1) double occupancy room selected solely by Sponsor, room and tax only); and (iv) round-trip ground transportation while in Los Angeles to and from the hotel and airport (collectively, the “Prize”). If the winner resides within the Los Angeles area, he/she will receive round-trip ground transportation to and from his/her residence in lieu of round-trip coach class airfare. Approximate Retail Value $5,000.00 each. Actual retail value will depend on the winner’s place of residence. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 24–26, 2017. The winner and his/her travel companion (who must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of travel) must travel on the same itinerary. If the winner cannot be available on the specified dates, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Prize does not include any ground transportation to and from the winner’s or his/her travel companion’s residence and airport, meals, gratuities, ticket administrative
fee and travel taxes, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply to travel and hotel accommodations. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner who will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes and will be issued a 1099 at the end of the year. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed and are non-transferable and non-assignable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) potential winner per show per day will be randomly selected by Sponsor (in its sole discretion) from among all eligible entries received. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by phone and/or e-mail.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential winner and his/her travel companion will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) and any other documents sent by Sponsor within seven (7) days of notification. Failure to return the documents as specified, if unavailable to travel during the specified timeframe, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the entry being disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Where permitted by law, entrants agree to grant to Sweepstakes Entities and Sweepstakes Entities’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time, the winners’ video clip, name, pictures, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sweepstakes Entities. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sweepstakes Entities may in their sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sweepstakes Entities, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate for the winner to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their
respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, the travel or participation in all BET-affiliated events, participation in any sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.BET.COM, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization,
which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winners, available after August 22, 2016, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: ““#Joyful Noise BET Awards ’17 Trip Giveaway Sweepstakes” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.