“Lift Every Voice BET Experience Contest”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR A TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIAPTING IN THIS CONTEST. This contest will begin at 3:00 p.m. EDT on June 15, 2015 and end at 4:00 p.m. EDT on June 21, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, upload onto your Twitter or Instagram profile page, an original video telling us why you should win and be the “Lift Every Voice” social media correspondent during the “BET Experience at L.A. Live” (the “Entry”). Entry must adhere to all of the following guidelines:
(i) MUST follow either @BETNetworks on Instagram or @BETGospel on Twitter;
(ii) MUST feature entrant only and not any other persons;
(iii) MUST include the hashtags #BETX and #LEV;
(iv) MUST be no more than fifteen seconds (00:15) in length;
(v) MUST be 100% original (modification of an original work is not an original idea);
(vi) MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created in their application; and
(vii) MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Entries must not include music, third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those of Sponsor.
Entry must be received by 4:00 p.m. EDT on June 21, 2015. Limit: One (1) entry per person. Log on to www.bet.com/LEVcontest to view Official Rules.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, complies with these Official Rules, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, accounts, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Twitter or Instagram. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Sponsor (defined in Section 9 below) assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or mobile phone carrier/service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the contest in whole or in part. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize (defined in Section 4 below) will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules, other than as modified.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of California, 21 years of age or older as of June 15, 2015. Employees, officers, directors, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will receive two (2) Gold VIP packages to the “BET Experience at L.A. Live” scheduled June 25-28, 2015 in Los Angeles, California (the “Prize”) and have the opportunity to be the “Lift Every Voice” social media correspondent. Each Prize package includes: (i) one (1) Loge seat to the “BET Awards” scheduled on June 28, 2015; (ii) “BET Awards” red carpet photo experience scheduled on June 27, 2015; (iii) one (1) premium lower level ticket to each Staples Center concert scheduled on June 25-27, 2015; (iv) access to the VIP hospitality lounge; (v) one (1) BET Experience commemorative gift; and (vi) VIP priority entrance to the fan fest, Sprite Celebrity Basketball Game, Genius Talks and other events selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual Retail Value $1,095.00 each. THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY TRAVEL EXPENSES, ACCOMODATIONS, OR ANY OTHER EXPENSES NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED HEREIN. The Winner will be required to capture his/her journey leading up to and during the Event (the “Video”) and post on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram from his/her account(s) on those respective social media platforms. The Winner grants Sponsor a gratis, non-revocable license to use and broadcast the Video in any way throughout the world in perpetuity. Any federal and state taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner will be required to provide his/her social security and will be issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. The Prize has no cash redemption value and must be taken during the period June 25-28, 2015. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Prize, or any portion thereof, is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. The Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Winner will be selected by Sponsor on or about June 22, 2015 from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period based on (i) originality (50%), and (ii) creativity (50%). The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winner in its sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Winner by phone and/or e-mail, and social media direct messaging immediately following selection. The potential Winner will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond or he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected if time permits.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS / RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release and any other required documents within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return these documents or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, entry will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected if time permits. The Winner agrees to, without compensation other than the Prize, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected if time permits; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Winner to each appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY COMPUTER, TECHNICAL, TELEPHONE, CABLE, NETWORK, SATELLITE, ELECTRONIC OR INTERNET HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY, OR GARBLED OR JUMBLED TRANSMISSIONS, OR MOBILE PHONE CARRIER/SERVICE PROVIDER/INTERNET/WEBSITE/USE NET ACCESSIBILITY OR AVAILABILITY, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. PUBLICITY/LICENSE: The Winner agrees to grant to Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, agents, contractors, and assigns, the right to edit, exploit, modify, print, publish, broadcast, reproduce, use, disclose, disseminate, and distribute worldwide, in perpetuity, and in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, his/herentry and Video in accordance with Section 4, above, as well as his/her name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, biographical information, as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
8. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after June 28, 2015, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Lift Every Voice BET Experience Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
10. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.
Neither Twitter nor Instagram endorse, sponsor, or is affiliated with this contest.