LIFT EVERY VOICE GIFT CARD SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND ORDINANCES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Lift Every Voice Gift Card Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years old or older as of the date of entry. If entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state/jurisdiction of primary residency, he/she must obtain their parent or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner.
ELIGIBLE PERSONS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC TWITTER® ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR A TWITTER® ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION.
2. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this promotion is Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins on July 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Promotion Period:
(A) Follow @BETGospel on Twitter (if you do not already);
(B) At or shorty before the start of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will tweet questions about the “Lift Every Voice” episode airing on July 10, 2016 through its @BETGospel account on Twitter;
(C) Watch the “Lift Every Voice” episode airing at 10:00 a.m. ET on July 10, 2016 on the BET Networks to get the answers to the questions tweeted by Sponsor about the episode;
(D) Log into your Twitter account; and
(E) Correctly answer all of the questions in the manner indicated in the relevant @BETGospel tweets and include the hashtags #LEVSweepstakes in each answer.
In addition, all entries must also adhere to all the following guidelines in order to be eligible:
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER TWITTER ACCOUNT THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Promotion.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account provided with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Twitter. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
5. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNER: Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner within around seven (7) days after the Promotion Period through a random drawing from among all eligible correct entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible correct entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified via Twitter direct message within seven (7) days of being selected. The potential winner must respond to the winner notification within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt. Failure to respond within the specified timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible correct entries received. Except where legally prohibited, Sponsor reserves the right to require (at its sole discretion) each potential winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor) sign and return, within five (5) days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility / Liability and Publicity Release, W-9 form, and any other documents sent by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize.
The potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. PRIZE: One (1) prize is available to be won in this Promotion. The winner will receive one (1) gift card redeemable for one hundred dollars ($100.00 USD) issued by a gift card issuer to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate retail value of prize: $100.00 USD. The prize has no cash redemption value. Winner is solely responsible for any federal and state tax obligations related to acceptance of the prize and may be required to provide his/her social security number and issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and is non-assignable and non-transferable.
Prize Restrictions: The prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions may apply. Gift cards are subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, TWITTER, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’ ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, available for sixty (60) days after verification of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Lift Every Voice Gift Card Sweepstakes”, Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
Copyright ©2016 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.