NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR A TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. IF AN ENTRANT CREATES MULTIPLE TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS, HE/SHE WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE. This contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. commonwealths, territories and possessions) who are 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER as of December 9, 2014. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as such persons’ immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 12:00 p.m. ET on December 9, 2014 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on January 2, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, create a custom meme by captioning one of the Nellyvile character photos posted on BET’s Twitter or Instagram page according to the following guidelines:
(i) Must only use a character photo posted on BET’s Twitter or Instagram page;
(ii) Must include #cuddlenelly; and
(iii) Caption must not contain anything profane, sexually explicit, obscene, derogatory, or
discriminatory. Log on to www.bet.com/cuddlenelly to view these Official Rules.
Entries must be received every Friday throughout the Contest Period by 12:00 p.m. ET.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network,
satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections,
availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net
accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Sponsor
reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this contest in whole or in part, including
these Official Rules, by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by
Sponsor. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize
3. PRIZE: Twenty-Five (25) winners (“Winner(s)”) will each receive a full size Nellyville pillow
(collectively, the “Prize”). Approximate Total Retail Value (ARV) $1,250.00. Prize does not
include any other expenses not specifically listed herein.Any federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Prize, or any portion of the Prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that Prize or portion of the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and are non-assignable and non-transferable.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Five (5) potential Winners will be selected by Sponsor on or about every Monday during the Contest Period from amongst all eligible entries received by the applicable entry deadline based on the originality, creativity and level of humor in the caption. Non-winning entries will not rollover to the next entry period. The selection process shall be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor. Sponsor shall choose the Winners in its sole discretion whose decision is final and binding. Sponsor will notify the potential Winners by phone and/or e-mail and via direct social media messaging within twenty-four (24) hours following selection. The potential Winners will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond or forfeit their prize.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Liability and Publicity Release, W-9 form and any other required documents within ten (10) days of notification. Failure to return these documents, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in the disqualification of the Winner and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or any website associated therewith; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of any such
website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike
or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account or mobile account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account or mobile account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned a mobile account or an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning mobile numbers, email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES OF LIABILITY: Further, by accepting the Prize, the Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, related companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, TWITTER, INC., INSTAGRA, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSEES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF ANY INTERNET SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL PRIZES AND ALL INTERNET SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. PUBLICITY: The Winners agree to grant to Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, affiliates and
assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or
hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or
information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and
further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information
for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic
or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by Sponsor. Failure to make such
appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deem appropriate for the Winners to appear for a presentation or other activity.
8. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant
further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available for sixty (60) days after December 31, 2014, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET’s Cuddle with Nelly Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting the name of the winner.
10. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Neither Twitter nor Instagram endorse, sponsor, or is affiliated with this contest.