NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS WHO RESIDE WITHIN THE LOS ANGELES AREA, 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND ORDINANCES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The #NewEditionSuperFan Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents who reside within the Los Angeles area who are eighteen (18) years old or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“BET”) (the “Sponsor”) or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
ELIGIBLE PERSONS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM® ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM® ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION.
2. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, LLC.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins on May 11, 2016 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM ET (the “Promotion Period”). BET’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter:
(A) Follow @NewEditionBET on Instagram (if you do not already);
(B) Log onto your Instagram account and upload an original sixty second (00:60) video using the hashtags #NewEditionSuperfan and #sweepstakes, telling us why you love New Edition and should be picked as a winner.
Entry must adhere to all the following guidelines in order to be eligible:
Log on to www.bet.com/neweditionsuperfan to view the Official Rules.
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. BET reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Promotion.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified in BET’s sole discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account provided with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Instagram. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
5. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: BET will select five (5) potential winners on or about May 26, 2016 through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be notified via Instagram direct message within twenty-four (24) hours of being selected. The potential winners must respond to the winner notification within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt. Failure to respond within the specified timeframe, will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Except where legally prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return, within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, W-9 form, and any other documents sent by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. Winner will also be required to sign additional documents upon his/her arrival to the taping.
The potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. PRIZE: Five (5) prizes are available to be won in this Promotion. Each prize consists of the opportunity to be an extra (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in the New Edition mini-series airing on BET Networks. The prize package includes: (i) ground transportation to and from the winner’s residence and taping, and (ii) opportunity to meet the cast members (determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, subject to cast members’ availability). Approximate retail value of each prize: $400.00. Actual retail value of each prize depends on the winner’s state of residency. The prize has no cash redemption value and must be taken on June 1, 2016. Winner is solely responsible for any federal and state tax obligations related to acceptance of the prize and may be required to provide his/her social security number and issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed and is non-assignable and non-transferable.
Prize Restrictions: The prize does not include any other expenses not specifically listed herein. Restrictions and blackout periods may apply. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. BET and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by BET. BET’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. BET reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, INSTAGRAM, LLC, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNERS’ ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available for sixty (60) days after verification of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “#NewEditionSuperFan Sweepstakes”, Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
Copyright ©2016 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.