NO LIMIT CHRONICLES CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
NEITHER BET NETWORKS NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES ENDORSE OR SPONSOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THIS OPPORTUNITY, INCLUDING ANY AWARD RECIPIENT.
By submitting your entry, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Entry Period: The “No Limit Chronicles Contest” (the “Opportunity”) begins at 9:00AM Eastern Savings Time (“EST”) on July 23, 2020 and ends 3:00AM EST on July 29, 2020 (the “Entry Period”).
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Opportunity is sponsored and administered by Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”), 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. This Opportunity is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.
3. Eligibility: The Opportunity is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are (a) owners of a privately held business legally formed under the laws of, and residing in, any of the fifty (50) United States and/or the District of Columbia, and (b) at least the age of majority in their state of primary residence. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent(s), affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate/enter By participating in the Opportunity, entrants: (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Opportunity; (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in the Opportunity and/or use or misuse or redemption of an Award (hereinafter defined); and (iii) represent and warrant that such entrants shall comply with these Official Rules.
EACH ENTRY MAY BE SUBMITTED ONLY BY AN AUTHROIZED OWNER(S) OF THE BUSINESS FEATURED IN THE ENTRY (THE “DESIGNATED ENTITY”). BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED BY THE ENTITY TO DO SO.
4. To Enter: During the Entry Period:
Log into your Instagram account;
You must follow @BET on Instagram;
Create and post a video through your Instagram account as follows:
In the video, describe your business and its potential for growth, and provide the name under which the business entity does business;
Tag @BET; and
Include the hashtag #NoLimitChroniclesCompetition.
In addition, all entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
MUST comply with all of Instagram’s applicable guidelines, terms and conditions, and policies;
Must consist of the entrant’s original idea(s) only, and must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source;
MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application; and
MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
MUST NOT feature, or include any reference to, third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized the entrant to do so. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed authorizations by such third parties upon request.
LIMIT: One (1) entry and one (1) Award per eligible entity permitted.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Incomplete and/or late entries will be disqualified. Entries that are illegible, incomplete or contain information other than as requested will not be accepted. No responsibility is assumed for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Opportunity or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries into this Opportunity. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, mutilated, illegible or misdirected entries or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Opportunity. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the Instagram account by Instagram. Multiple, separate entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account (one (1) entry per Instagram account). Potential Award recipient may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Instagram account. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. If, for any reason, the Opportunity is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Opportunity or for any reason Sponsor deems it necessary, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, delay or suspend the Opportunity due to any reason of a technical, creative or other nature. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. By participating in this Opportunity, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5.Grant of Rights: Entrants hereby grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to sell, broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the materials submitted (including all references to the Designated Entity in such materials), and any likeness of it in all media now known and later coming into being for purposes of trade or advertising without compensation or attribution. Entrants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured from any entrants in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
6. Judges: The judges will be comprised of Percy “Master P” Miller and representatives of Sponsor, as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Judges”).
7. Judging Criteria: Judges will select one (1) potential recipient of the Award from all eligible entries received based on the following judging criteria (and based on the Judges’ subjective opinions): (a) originality/ingenuity of the business, (b) potential revenue growth, and (c) existing and potential positive impact of the business on the community. Selection of the potential Award recipient and application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges and Sponsor, and their decisions relating to this Opportunity are final. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and applicants (whether or not selected as a potential Award recipient) agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor or Judges relating to the judging or awarding process. Sponsor maintains the right to evaluate, and if deemed necessary eliminate, each submission before allowing it to be considered among the entries.
8. Award Recipient Verification: As a condition of receiving the Award, potential Award recipient must sign (a) an affidavit of eligibility and liability release releasing Sponsor and each of their respective corporate parents, subsidiaries, employees, affiliated entities, consultants, volunteers, advertising agencies, from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Opportunity or the use or acceptance of the Award; (b) except where prohibited, a promotional release granting the right to use their names and likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, (c) additional legal documentation furnished by Sponsor confirming the potential Award recipient’s acceptance of these Official Rules and the conditions of participation in this Opportunity, and, as requested by Sponsor, documentation demonstrating that the Designated Entity is a business legally formed under the laws of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Entry into this Opportunity constitutes all each potential Award recipient’s agreement to sign such releases. Potential Award recipient must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsors and return them as instructed and in timeframe requested by Sponsor. Noncompliance by any entrant may result in such entrant’s disqualification.
VERIFICATION AND SCREENING OF POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT: A POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE OPPORTUNITY. A POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT IS NOT DEEMED THE RECIPIENT OF THE AWARD UNLESS AND UNTIL POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SCREEN ANY POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT IF SPONSOR DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT SUCH POTENTIAL AWARD RECIPIENT MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT OR HAS ADVERSELY AFFECTED THE REPUTATION, IMAGE, AND/OR CUSTOMER GOODWILL OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, OR LOGOS.
9. Award: One (1) award is available to be won in this Opportunity. The Award consists of (a) a monetary award in the amount of $10,000 (to be issued in a form determined by Sponsor in its sole direction) and (b) a one (1)-hour business consultation (by phone, video call, or other means, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (collectively, the “Award”). The monetary component of the Award will be payable to an individual entrant/business owner; it will not be remitted to a business. Any federal and state taxes on the Award are the sole responsibility of the Award recipient. No substitution or transfer of Award monies permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Award is subject to the following conditions: (i) Award recipient must sign all required legal documents provided by Sponsor and (ii) the money awarded must be used solely for legitimate and lawful purposes; the Award must not be used for any other purpose. Award recipient further agrees to be bound by the guidelines and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final with respect to all matters of this Opportunity.
10.Sponsor-Produced Programming: Sponsor may, at, its option, produce film/video of entrants in connection with this Opportunity and/or ancillary material captured during or relating to the Award fulfillment events. Entrants hereby consent to participate in the foregoing activities, as reasonably requested by Sponsor. All film/video/photo/audio/written material and programming created by Sponsor will be referred to as “Programming”. Sponsor shall be the exclusive owner of the copyright and other rights in and to the Programming. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated broadcast stations and networks and licensees will be able to use the Programming forever and throughout the world, and to license others to use it, in any manner Sponsor wishes and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered or developed without notice, including for advertising, promoting and publicizing any of its products or services, such use may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut in synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Programming. By participating in the foregoing activities/events, each participating entrant acknowledges that Sponsor may use the Programming in accordance with the permission granted herein without any compensation, royalty, payment, liability or obligation to the entrant or any third party. Sponsor is under no obligation to broadcast or otherwise exploit the Programming.
11.General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All entrants acknowledge and agree that participating in this Opportunity and, in the case of the Award recipient, receiving the Award is not intended to create any employment or business relationship between any Sponsor Entities and any entrant, and no entrant is under any obligation to accept or partake in any part of the Award. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT OR AWARD RECIPIENT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT OR AWARD RECIPIENT THAT WILL BRING SUCH AWARD RECIPIENT OR SPONSOR ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH AWARD RECIPIENT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS AN ENTRANT/AWARD RECIPIENT OF THE OPPORTUNITY AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS AN ENTRANT/AWARD RECIPIENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT IF SPONSOR DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT THE ENTRANT MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT OR HAS ADVERSELY AFFECTED THE REPUTATION, IMAGE, AND/OR CUSTOMER GOODWILL OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, OR LOGOS.
The Sponsor Entities, Instagram, Inc., and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”), assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Opportunity or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Opportunity. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Opportunity. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Opportunity, errors in processing entries, identifying the Award recipient or in the announcement of the Award recipient. If, for any reason, this Opportunity is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Opportunity, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Opportunity. Should this Opportunity be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website during the Entry Period and the Award may be awarded to recipient to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Opportunity, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Opportunity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS OPPORTUNITY. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from this Opportunity, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Award.
All entrants into this Opportunity are solely responsible for consulting with qualified professionals and investigating, understanding and complying with any and all federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations and ordinances which may apply to entrants and the activities and/or business in which such entrants may engage. There may be tax consequences associated with the receipt of the Award that an entrant may receive and with any income received by Award recipient, which may include, without limitation, an obligation to report as income and to pay taxes on such funds/income to federal, state and/or local authorities. It is up to the Award recipient to determine the tax consequences of such funds/income, and to comply with all applicable laws in all respects, if applicable.
12. For inquiries related to the Opportunity or the names of the Award recipient, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Black Entertainment Television LLC
Attention: No Limit Chronicles Program
New York, NY 10036
Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the Award recipient. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Award recipient must be made by September 29, 2020.
Copyright ©2020 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.