What’s Your #MyREBELution Story Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The What’s Your #MyREBELution Story Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. IF AN INDIVIDUAL IS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD BUT DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE/JURSIDCTION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE, THE INDIVIDUAL MUST, PRIOR TO ENTERING, OBTAIN HIS/HER PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO ENTER. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) or its parent(s), affiliated companies, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
ELIGIBLE PERSONS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM® OR TWITTER® ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIAPTING IN THIS PROMOTION.
2. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins on April 4, 2017 at 10:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 21, 2017 at 10:00 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
(i) Log into your Instagram or Twitter account;
(ii) you must follow @BET on Twitter or on Instagram (whichever is applicable);
(iii) through your Instagram or Twitter account (whichever is applicable), post a video of no more than 60 seconds in length in which you explain how you are a rebel and are achieving your goals and making a difference; and
(iv) you must include the following hashtags in your video post: #MyREBELution and #contest.
All entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
· MUST NOT exceed 60 seconds in length
· MUST be the entrant’s original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea); entry MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source;
· MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created in their application;
· MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; and
· MUST NOT include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to include them in the entry or otherwise use or feature the third party in accordance with these Official Rules. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed third party authorizations upon request.
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that their entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in their entry. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Promotion.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram or Twitter account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account through which the entry was submitted/posted will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Instagram or Twitter, whichever is applicable. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive Instagram or Twitter (whichever is applicable) account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
5. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNER: Sponsor will judge all eligible entries received based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, and impact (the criteria are weighted equally); and, on or about May 1, 2017, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential First Prize winners. The potential winners will be notified via email and/or phone on or about May 5, 2017. Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return, within five (5) days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, W-9 form, and any other documents sent by Sponsor in order to claim their prize.
The potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won in this Promotion. The prize consists of a trip for two (2) to the “BLACK GIRLS ROCK!” awards show (the “Awards Show”) tentatively scheduled to take place on August 5, 2017 in Newark, New Jersey; and a Rebel® gift pack. The Grand Prize package includes: (i) round trip coach class airfare for the winner and a guest to and from a major gateway airport closest to the winner’s residence (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and Newark, New Jersey; (ii) standard hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel in Newark, New Jersey selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (one (1) double occupancy room, room and tax only); (iii) round-trip ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel; (iv) two (2) tickets for the winner and a guest to the Awards Show (seating location selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion); and (v) a Rebel® gift pack, which includes a Rebel® television program branded tee-shirt and hat. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $2,500. Actual value depends on actual air and hotel fare.
First Prizes: Ten (10) First Prizes are available to be won in this Promotion. Each First Prize consists of a Rebel® gift pack, which includes a Rebel® television program branded tee-shirt and hat. ARV of each First Prize: $35.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,850
Prize Restrictions: The prizes have no cash redemption value. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of each prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, air or ground transportation, meals, incidentals, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Each winner will be required to provide his/her social security number, and each will be issued a 1099 at the end of the year for tax purposes. Each prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion. Each will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
Grand Prize travel must be taken during the timeframe specified by Sponsor. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Certain travel restrictions may apply. If Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. If Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in prize travel with more than one guest, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel.
In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or guest engages in behavior during prize travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the prize early, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize winner and/or guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Grand Prize winner’s disqualification from the Promotion and forfeiture of the prize or a component thereof). In the event Grand Prize winner or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Grand Prize winner or guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize winner or guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of GRAND PRIZE Winner’s or Guest’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, INSTAGRAM, INC., TWITTER, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, CONTROLLED AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE ENTRANT’S’S ENTRY (INCLUDING THE ENTRANT’S POSTED VIDEO), NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) OR ANY OTHER PURPOSES IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available for sixty (60) days after verification of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “What’s Your #Rebelution Story Contest”, Business & Legal Affairs, Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
Copyright ©2017 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.