Laz's DMV Crab Bisque Presented By LACTAID®
- 1 lb. crab meat
- 1 lb. butter
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 qt LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Milk
- 1 16oz can creamed corn
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp crab seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter and sauté onions.
- Sprinkle flour over the butter and onions and stir until flour is fully incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
1 cup: 237 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Soul Banana Pudding Presented By LACTAID®
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups cold LACTAID® Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 box of vanilla cookies
- 2–3 bananas, sliced
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in the cold LACTAID® Milk, whisking until smooth.
- Heat saucepan to medium-high and cook until milk starts to thicken. Stir as needed to prevent lumps. Allow the pudding to cook until the mixture coats the back of a spoon with a thick layer.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and let the pudding cool to room temperature.
- Layer crushed cookies, vanilla pudding and sliced bananas. Repeat until ingredients are gone or your chosen container is full.
- Top with a layer of LACTAID® whipped cream (recipe below).
- Garnish with cookies and sliced bananas just before serving.
For the LACTAID® whipped cream:
- 1 1/4 cup of LACTAID® 2% Milk, divided.
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe dish, add 1/4 cup of LACTAID® 2% Milk.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the milk, and set aside to bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds until just melted.
- In a chilled stand mixer bowl or chilled bowl, add remaining 1 cup of LACTAID® 2% Milk, sugar, gelatin mixture and vanilla extract.
- Beat on high for about 15 to 20 minutes until stiff peaks form. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: Calories 258.8 Total Fat 5.1g Saturated Fat 2.5g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6g Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g Cholesterol 102.9mg Sodium 89.6mg Potassium 227.8mg Total Carbohydrate 45.9g Dietary Fiber 0.2g Sugars 40.1g Protein 8.1g