NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions), 21 YEARS OR OLDER as of August 1, 2013. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Black Entertainment Television LLC (the “Sponsor”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this contest. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins on August 12, 2013 and ends at midnight. EDT September 2, 2013 (the “Entry Period”) and consists of two 2) phases.
Phase 1: During the Entry Period, log on to www.facebook.com/BETGospel and fill out the entry form. Choose a location and date for the brunch you would like to attend. BE sure to check to make sure that your e-mail address is correct, so that we can contact you if you win.
Phase 2: Selection Period: on or about August 12 – September 2 Sponsor will randomly select winners from amongst all eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on the originality, creativity, and entertainment value of their video clip.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, technical, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Contest Entities reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the contest in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Contest Entities. Should the contest be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the Prize will nevertheless be awarded from amongst eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules.
4. PRIZES: WINNERS will receive 2 tickets to attend a Gospel Brunch at a participating House of Blues locaton in either Anaheim, CA, Chicago, IL. Cleveland, OH, Dallas, TX, Houston TX, Las Vegas, NV, Mytle Beach, SC, New Orleans, LA, Orlando, FL, San Diego, CA or Los Angeles, CA. Winner is responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the event. Winner will only receive tickets to attend the brunch that they chose when entering the contest/promotion. Prize package has no cash redemption value and must be used on the date that was requested when the constestant entered.. If a Finalist cannot be available during the specified dates, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate finalist. Any federal and state taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the Finalist. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any federal and state taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All winners will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes and will be issued a 1099 at the end of the year if prizes are greater than $200.00. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Winners will be chosen randomly on Facebook weekly to win tickets to a Sunday Bruch of their choice from the list provided on the sign up page. Tickets will be given out to lucky BET Gospel Facebook Fans from August 12 through September 2nd following the season finale of BET Sunday Best. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by phone and/or e-mail.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Further, by accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, the travel or participation in all BET-affiliated events, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL CONTEST ENTITIES AND THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO USE OF INTERNET SITE www.BET.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of Sponsor’s web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses email, addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, available after September 2, 2013, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BET Sunday Best Gospel Brunch Contest” to Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting list of prize winners.
9. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018