By now, we all know about her love for Fashion Nova clothing and Steve Madden shoes. But what you may not know is that the "Bartier Cardi" rapper also enjoys getting her beauty products on the low-low! At least according to her long-time makeup artist, Erika La' Pearl.
In a recent story with Refinery29, Cardi's makeup artist for over three years shared that her client's signature facebeat consists of mostly of drugstore beauty products.
Don't believe us? Here are some of the beauty products you can easily get your hands on without breaking the bank:
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($5): "Before anything, I use a Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes because I want a clean surface."
- Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-In-1 Foundation + Concealer ($10): "Cardi's skin tone is really in-between, like a yellow with a pink undertone. Those colors match her perfectly, and I'm usually mixing a lot of different foundations. I mix Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-In-1 Foundation + Concealer in 06 Sand Beige and 09 Tan."
- BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Total Coverage Concealer ($6): "I also use BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Total Coverage Concealer for her under eyes and spots."
- Black Opal True Color Skin Perfecting Stick Foundation SPF 15 ($10): "I like using Black Opal True Color Skin Perfecting Stick Foundation in Beautiful Bronze on her face and nose. She likes her nose to be really contoured. So I do that, and then blend it out with the compact powders."
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eye Liner ($5): "For her cat-eye, I take a black eyeshadow and apply tape on the side of her eye to make it sharp. Just any black eyeshadow. I smudge it out first. When I use a gel product, it's Rimmel. It stays in place throughout the entire day."
- NYX Face & Body Glitter ($7): "She's not really big on glitter on her lips or her eyes. She'll do it for a video, but that's about it. When I do use shimmer, I'll apply NYX Face & Body Glitter."
Looks like for under $50, we're fittin' to be flawless!
As for doing the rapper's makeup, the professional MUA says it's not a simple task, "from start to finish, it takes a while to do her because she doesn’t like to stay still!" she shares.
"She's always getting up to get something to eat, always doing business calls. It takes a good hour and 30 minutes, sometimes two."
That's our girl Cardi! Just another reason why we believe Erika when she says Cardi's "so humble," because "what you see on TV is how she is in person."
Are you willing to make the $50 investment to mimic Cardi's budget-friendly beat? We wanna know!
(Photo: Tiffany Rose/Getty Images for Maxim)
For the past 10 years, Yusef has been dictating all of the beauty trends we emulate via his most famous client, none other than Rihanna. He started out his career as a performer, but he ended up behind the scenes. In Hairstory, he details his rise in the industry from aspiring singer to creative directing the hair for Fenty x Puma.