BET Family Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The BET Family Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
ELIGIBLE PERSONS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC TWITTER® ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR A TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIAPTING IN THIS PROMOTION.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: Promotion begins on November 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, eligible persons may enter as follows:
(i) Log into your Twitter account;
(ii) You must follow @BET on Twitter; and
(iii) Through your Twitter account, tweet the following: @BET and the hashtag #BETFamilyGetAwaySweepstakes.
In addition, all entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
(ii) MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application; and
(iii) MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER CALENDAR DAY DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, FOR A MAXIMUM OF FORTY-FIVE (45) ENTRIES PER PERSON THROUGHOUT THE ENTRY PERIOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account provided with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Twitter. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: By or around January 7, 2017, Sponsor will select one (1) potential prize winner through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via Twitter direct message within around seven (7) days after being selected. EACH POTENTIAL WINNER MUST RESPOND TO THE WINNER NOTIFICATION WITHIN SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS OF BEING SENT; IF SPONSOR DOES NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A POTENTIAL WINNER WITHIN THAT TIME (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), THAT POTENTIAL WINNER MAY BE DISQUALIFIED AND, IF SUCH POTENTIAL WINNER IS DISQUALIFIED, AN ALTERNATIVE POTENTIAL WINNER MAY BE SELECTED THROUGH A RANDOM DRAWING FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, POTENTIAL WINNER (OR HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF POTENTIAL WINNER IS A MINOR IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE) MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN, WITHIN SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS OF BEING NOTIFIED (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE (THE “AFFIDAVIT”) IN ORDER TO CLAIM HIS/HER PRIZE. If (i) a potential winner cannot be contacted in person by Twitter direct message after the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or (iii) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize. Up to three (3) alternate drawings may be held for each prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. PRIZE / PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: There will be one (1) Prize (“Prize”) awarded. The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guests”) to Universal Orlando Resort™ in Orlando, Florida (“Trip”).
Trip will include: round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3-Day 3-Park Park-to-Park tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park, for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests.
The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of Prize is Three Thousand Seven Hundred Forty-Five and 93/100 Dollars ($3,745.93)
Trip must be completed by December 31st, 2018 or Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal Orlando and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than the allotted number of Guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. FMV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal Orlando.
In the event the Winner and/or Guest engages in behavior during prize travel that (as determined by either Sponsor or Universal Orlando, in their discretion, respectively) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor, Universal Orlando, or any of Sponsor’s or Universal Orlando’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor and Universal Orlando reserve the right to terminate the travel early, and send the Winner and/or Guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Winner and/or Guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Winner’s disqualification from the Promotion and forfeiture of the prize or a component thereof). In the event Winner or Guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by either Sponsor or Universal Orlando in their sole discretion, respectively) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Winner or Guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner or Guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR AND UNIVERSAL ORLANDO shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of Winner’s or Guest’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of Winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Promotion.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, UNIVERSAL CITY DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS, LTD D/B/A UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT, TWITTER, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY (INCLUDING THE ENTRANT’S POSTED PHOTOGRAPH), NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
9. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; provided, however, that claims for bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage arising out of the redemption, use or misuse of the Prize or portion thereof must be submitted to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available for sixty (60) days after verification of all winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “BET Family Getaway Sweepstakes Presented by Universal Orlando”, Business & Legal Affairs, Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
12. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc.
13. PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”) is the Prize supplier only in this Promotion; is not a sponsor of this Promotion, and is not responsible for the administration of the Promotion, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws.
Copyright ©2017 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC and/or their respective owners. All rights reserved.