NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The BET Fashion Week Sweepstakes presented by Dark & Lovely (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. If deemed a minor in your state of residency, you must obtain your parent or legal guardian’s permission before entering. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC, Softsheen-Carson Products, (collectively, “Sponsors”) and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsors reserve the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
ENTRANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC INSTAGRAM® OR TWITTER® ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ENTERING AND SHALL NOT REGISTER FOR AN INSTAGRAM® OR TWITTER® ACCOUNT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION.
2. Entry Period: Promotion begins on September 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 30, 2015 at 3:00 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsors’ computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter: To enter:
(a) Through Instagram: Follow @BETNetworks and @official_darkandlovely on Instagram, and repost the official Sweepstakes video posted by @BETNetworks with the following hashtags: #BETFashionWeekSweeps and #entry.
(b) Through Twitter: Follow @BET and @darkandlovely on Twitter and retweet the official Sweepstakes video posted by @BET with the following hashtags: #BETFashionWeekSweeps and #entry.
All entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Entries MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) in Sponsors’ sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application.
2. Entries MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, entries must not include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those already featured in the BET Video Post.
3. Entries MUST NOT include third parties, including, but not limited to, minors, celebrities and friends, other than persons featured in the BET Video Post.
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER DAY THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD REGARDLESS OF ENTRY METHOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsors’ discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram or Twitter account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account provided with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Instagram or Twitter (whichever is applicable). Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsors or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
4. Selection and Verification of Winners: On or about October 2, 2015, Sponsors will randomly select ten (10) potential winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via Instagram or Twitter direct messaging (depending on the platform through which the potential winner submitted an entry) on or about October 1, 2015. Each potential winner must respond within seventy-two (72) hours of being notified or his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner (or potential winner’s parent/legal guardian if the potential winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity release (the “Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) a potential winner cannot be contacted by Instagram or Twitter direct message (whichever is applicable) after the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or (iii) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected by Sponsors from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Up to three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: Ten (10) prizes are available to be awarded in this Promotion. Each winner will receive one (1) prize, and each prize consists of one (1) gift bag with BET swag and Dark & Lovely® products selected by Sponsors’ in their sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $65.00.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in their sole discretion. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize.
6. General Conditions: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsors and their respective agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. Limitations Of Liability And Releases: By participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that Sponsor, Instagram, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Softsheen-Carson Products and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “released parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of the prize, entry, or participation in this Promotion or in any Promotion-related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism. By participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that the Released Parties will not be responsible or liable for any injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages to persons, including death, or to property arising out of access to and use of any website associated with this promotion or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from such site.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Promotion, including, but not limited to, the prizes and any website associated with the Promotion, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each entrant’s grant to Sponsors (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of sponsor) and the Released Parties the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. Winners List: For a list of winners, available for sixty (60) days after verification of all winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Fashion Week Sweepstakes presented by Dark & Lovely”, Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting this information.
12. Sponsors: Black Entertainment Television LLC, One BET Plaza, 1235 “W” Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20018; Softsheen-Carlson Products, 575 5th Ave., New York, NY 10017. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Inc. or Twitter, Inc.
Copyright ©2015 Black Entertainment Television LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Black Entertainment Television LLC or their respective owners. All rights reserved.
TRENDING IN STYLE