Report: Suge Knight Ambushed by Gunmen Before Hit-and-Run

Report: Suge Knight Ambushed by Gunmen Before Hit-and-Run

Surveillance video allegedly shows Compton native feared for his life.

Published February 11, 2015

Surveillance video from the fatal hit-and-run involving Suge Knight reportedly shows that he was ambushed by gunmen leading up to the incident. Sources close to the 49-year-old told TMZ that actor Cle “Boan” Sloan, one of the men Knight ran over, pointed a firearm at him.

A second man is said to be on the video carrying a gun as well, although his identity has not been reported. 

| CLICK HERE FOR TROUBLE MAN: A HISTORY OF SUGE KNIGHT DRAMA |

Knight struck Sloan, 51, and Terry Carter, 55, at a Compton promo shoot for the upcoming N.W.A. biopic late last month. Allegedly the video shows that Carter, who rode with Knight to the location, was involved in setting him up. Carter was pronounced dead at a hospital, while Sloan is still recovering.

After initially fleeing the scene, Knight later turned himself in to authorities. He was charged with murder, attempted murder, and hit-and-run.

Those close to the Compton native believe the surveillance video works in his favor by proving he was in fear for his life at the time. Prosecutors are expected to use the footage to build a case against Knight, in addition to adding on “uncharged crimes.” 

Knight appeared at a bail hearing earlier in the week. His next court date is scheduled for March 20.

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

(Photo: Paul Buck - Pool/Getty Images)

Written by Latifah Muhammad

COMMENTS

Latest in news