Singer and fans forced to evacuate Dallas venue after pyrotechnics mishap.
Rihanna has been known to heat things up on her "Loud" tour, but this probably isn't what she had in mind. Last night, Friday, July 8, the singer was forced to end her show at Dallas' American Airlines Center early after a fire broke out onstage.
As Celebuzz reports, during Ri-Ri’s performance of “California King Bed,” pyrotechnics at the top of the stage raged out of control, setting backdrop curtains ablaze and leaving sparks showering down to the floor. The singer, her dancers and her band were forced to flee backstage, and fans were quickly evacuated. Fortunately, the fire was put out by crew members, and no injuries were reported.
Rihanna tweeted about the incident later that night:
“DALLAS!!! We set the stage on FYAH tonight!!! LITERALLY!!! I'm so pissed, I was havin so much fun wit yall too!!! I gotta come back man!!”
The singer later posted a message saying that she was in a production meeting to find out was caused the mishap, and promised disappointed fans that she’d return to Dallas for a do-over.