Sources says unauthorized visitors caused rapper to be penalized.
Officials who ordered T.I.'s return to prison last week have changed their story. They now claim that unauthorized guests on the bus chartered to transport the rapper to the halfway house was the real issue, not the vehicle itself.
According to TMZ, officials are now saying that the only approved visitor on the tour bus was his wife, Tiny. In addition, the star was well aware that he was not allowed to conduct any business during the commute, which he claims he didn't happen although two VH1 producers involved with his post-jail reality show were on board.
As previously reported, T.I. was taken back into federal custody less than 24 hours after his release from Arkansas' Forrest City Correctional Facility because prison officials didn't like his mode of transportation. It was reported that the Atlanta resident led prison officials to think that he'd be taking a discreet mode of transportation from the prison when in actuality the star chartered a luxury tour bus accompanied by an outfit of SUVs.
Tiny, the rapper's wife, came to her husband's defense arguing that the charges were ridiculous. Tiny told reporters she feels that if the prison officials had a problem with the bus they should've said something earlier, as opposed to taking pictures with the star on the bus. According to her, prison officials "Walked him over, took pics and told him good luck in life."
"This is a bunch of bullsh*t," she continued. "They should have said something before he got on the bus… T.I. would have politely gotten into a van… T.I. is one of the strongest individuals I know… and they just trying to break him in more ways than one and it's not gonna work! 'Cause what God got for him, can't no one take that away, period!"
TMZ revealed that T.I.'s legal team thinks that the star is being specifically targeted especially now that the story has changed. The celebrity news gossip site posted a photo of Tip boarding the luxury tour bus in plain view of police officers.
T.I. was originally released on August 31 after serving 10 months out of an 11 month sentence for a parole violation stemming from a Los Angeles drug arrest in 2010. The star is currently back behind bars serving out the final month of his original sentence.