The late soul singer's passing is ruled “death by misadventure.”
After the integrity of her original autopsy was called into question, a second investigation into the death of Amy Winehouse has confirmed that accidental alcohol poisoning was to blame.
London Coroner Shirley Radcliffe confirmed earlier today that Winehouse "died as the result of alcohol toxicity," The Hollywood Reporter reports. Finding no signs of suspicious circumstances, Radcliffe ruled it "death by misadventure."
Winehouse's initial autopsy became subject to internal review in the wake of a scandal involving its conductor, Suzanne Greenaway. Greenaway was found to have insufficient qualifications to perform an autopsy in London and was said to have been granted her position as a coroner by her own husband (who has since been fired).
Radcliffe said that Winehouse, who was found dead in her apartment in July of 2011, had a blood-alcohol content five times the legal limit.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)