#DeEscalateDontKill

Juelz Santana Sentenced to Two Years' Probation After Threatening Neighbor

Juelz Santana Sentenced to Two Years' Probation After Threatening Neighbor

The Harlem rapper avoids jail time with a plea deal.

Published January 28, 2013

Dipset rapper Juelz Santana had his day in court on Friday, Jan. 25, following assault charges stemming from a 2011 altercation with his girlfriend and a neighbor in Bergen County, N.J.

According to reports Santana, whose real name is LaRon James, was allegedly assaulting his girlfriend when a neighbor intervened and called authorities. In return the neighbor, who says he was merely playing good Samaritan, claimed that the 30-year-old rap star then threatened him with death and bodily harm.

"I had to move out of fear. I pay more rent now. I've been having problems with my wife," the neighbor told the courts. "The only thing I want is for him [Santana] not to come near me and my family."

The Harlem rapper, who was originally charged with assaulting his girlfriend and the neighbor and with violating a restraining order, avoided jail time by pleading to a third-degree charge of threatening the neighbor. Superior Court Judge James Guida sentenced Santana to two years of probation and ordered him to stay clear of his former neighbor.

Santana, who released his new mixtape, God Will’n, earlier this month, still faces charges in a separate 2011 incident when Bergenfield, N.J., police raided his recording studio and found 17 dime bags of marijuana, two 9mm hand guns and ammunition.

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 

(Photo: John Ricard/BET)

Written by Dan Reagans

COMMENTS

Latest in news

Hip Hop Awards 2016

Tues, October 4, 8P/7C
Add to my
calendar
Premieres in
6 DAYS