Suge Knight to Stand Trial on Murder Charge

Suge Knight to Stand Trial on Murder Charge

Judge reduces bail amount to $10 million.

Published April 16, 2015

Suge Knight will go to trial for murder it was announced in court this morning, according to the Los Angeles TimesLos Angeles County Superior Court Judge Ronald Coen ruled that there is sufficient evidence to send Knight to trial on charges stemming from a hit-and-run incident in late January.

Judge Coen also dropped the hit-and-run charge against Knight, and reduced his bail from $25 million to $10 million. His attorney, Matthew Fletcher, says the 49-year-old could post bail as early as today, TMZ reports.

Knight was charged with murder and attempted murder for running over Terry Carter who was killed, and Cle “Bone” Sloan who was injured.  

                |CLICK TO READ SUGE KNIGHT SURRENDERS IN FATAL HIT AND RUN |

Sloan, 51, refused to incriminate the embattled music vet in court earlier this week stating. "I will not be used to send Suge Knight to prison," said Sloan.

If convicted, Knight faces a life sentence.

BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.   

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

(Photo: David Buchan/Getty Images)

Written by Latifah Muhammad

COMMENTS

Latest in news