To help you get ready for the 12-week Healthy Fitness Challenge, Hollywood trainer Jeanette Jenkins answers your health and fitness questions via Twitter.
Are you getting enough of your essential Omega-3 fats?
- 80% of Americans are deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for your hormones, heart, brain & every living cell.
- 60% of Americans are overweight or obese but, ironically, they are also malnourished. Poor quality food equals poor quality body health.
- Omega-3 fatty acid deficiency can lead to brain disorders, ADD, skin disorders, dementia, loss of memory, arthritis & more.
- Every cell in your body (hair, skin, bones, muscle, internal organs, etc ...) is made from the food that you eat.
- You can get your Omega-3 essential fatty acids from cold water fish (tuna, salmon, trout, cod), walnuts, ground flax seeds, supplements & more.
- Walnuts have Essential Omega-3s!
Follow Jeanette on Twitter @JeanetteJenkins to ask your fitness and nutrition questions and for daily fitness/nutrition tips and motivation!