Boston Marathon Bombings

On April 15, 2013, at approximately 2:45 p.m., two bombs went off in succession near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The timing of the bombs coincided with when the majority of the runners would be crossing the finish line. Hours after the explosions, the Boston, state and federal governments were investigating but were still unsure as to who was responsible for the attacks. Meanwhile, several undetonated bombs were found nearby, leading the city to shut down use of cellular phones so that any remaining explosives could not be detonated remotely. Within hours of the incident, three people had died and over 100 were receiving medical attention.

facebook twitter
rss

The Latest on Boston Marathon Bombings

  • ALL

  • VIDEOS

  • PHOTOS

  • NEWS

Friend of Tsarnaev Makes Bail

Robel Phillipos, one of the three friends of Boston marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev taken into police custody last week, posted bail on Monday. The two other suspects, Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, remain in custody. All three ...

Wayne LaPierre

"How many Bostonians wish they had a gun two weeks ago? How many other Americans now ponder that life-or-death question?" said NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre, referencing the Boston Marathon bombings to support arguments for gun owners' rights. (Phot...

Obama to Ohio State Grads: Do Better, Dream Bigger

President Obama delivers the first of three commencement speeches at Ohio State University and called on graduates to help make the nation even greater.

An Act of Terror

On April 16, President Obama said the FBI would be investigating the bombing as "an act of terror" and vowed to bring the perpetrators to justice. He and First Lady Michelle Obama attended an interfaith prayer service for the victims two days late...

Three More Suspects Arrested in Boston Bombings

The Boston Police Department tweeted Wednesday that there are three more suspects in custody for the Boston Marathon bombings.

Boston Marathon Bombing Released From Hospital

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was released and transferred to a federal medical detention center in central Massachusetts, about 40 miles from Boston. He is charged with setting off two explosions that killed three people and injured close to 200 at the Bosto...
58
  • page
  • of 12