Keke Palmer is celebrating her newest partnership with Pepsi for their latest beverage “Starry” lemon-lime soda and is also sharing the advice she will give to her son if he wants to follow in his mother's Hollywood footsteps.
In the commercial, which will release just in time for NBA All-Star weekend, Keke is sitting courtside at her love interest, NBA guard Tyrese Maxey’s game where she is introduced to BFFs Lem & Lime who offers her a can of the new Starry drink – the official soft drink for the NBA.
When Keke cracks open the can of STARRY, she is surprised by a Soda Man who woos Palmer with a romantic kiss that has everyone’s jaw on the floor, Maxey’s included.
“[Being the first talent for this drink] was huge! I think about Pepsi and I immediately think I am a part of something iconic,” Palmer says in an interview with BET.com. “The drink is incredible. It’s crisp. It’s lemon and lime. You want to be able to introduce that to the world in the most unique way!”
“It’s the new drink of the generation.”
Palmer, who is expecting a baby boy with her partner Darius Jackson, also shared what advice she plans on giving to her son if he wants to follow in the footsteps of his Hollywood mom, who has actress, CEO, TV personality, and singer on her resume.
“If you want to do it, do it seriously! Be an artist, we are not just here for the fame,” she says. “We are not just here to be popular and shallow, no. [I want you to] really care about the art and really know what you’re doing. Figure out why you want to play this character, what is the script saying, analyze and break down the storyline. What stories do you want to tell? ”
Adding, “How do you want to represent yourself as a young Black man? You have to have an idea of what it is you want to say and why you want to say it. Know that whatever challenges you have with whatever you do in this world it’s only a piece of how you’re going to impact it.”
“Make sure that you think it through and if you want to do it, mama’s with you! Let’s get into it but I don’t play no games.”
The STARRY commercial is set to air during the NBA All-Star’s STARRY 3-Point Contest, taking place on Saturday night (Feb. 18).
Check out the clip below:
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024