Wake Flocka Flame, the "turn up rapper" who's become famous for his misogynistic lyrics and publicized infidelity, has some strong opinions about those who identify as transgender. During a sit-down interview at Power 105's The Breakfast Club, Waka said that those who transition from man to woman and vice versa are "evil" and are "rebuking God."
It all started when co-host Angela Yee asked the reality star to share his opinion on Caitlyn Jenner. His response was brutally honest and, some would say, incredibly ignorant. "I ain't saying nothing against Bruce Jenner. You are who you are when God makes you, not who you are after he did," he said. "You're rebuking God, man... That's the devil playing tricks on your mind. That's a test on God. If you can't outbeat that one task and believe that, then you're going to believe everything else and you're going down that way."
Continuing his rant, the rapper said that he was upset that Jenner and others, specifically members of the transgender community, send messages to impressionable kids and urged adults to "be more responsible."
Ironically enough, responsibility and "Christ-like" choices don't seem to be Waka's life mantra either as his musical content and highly publicized unfaithful ways — as told by his wife, Tammy Rivera — say otherwise. So, to put it short, pot, meet kettle.
Check out the clip, courtesy of TMZ below:
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photos from Left: Ben Gabbe/Getty Images, Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Nederlander)
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024