(Photo: Beaufort County Detention Center)
A drunk South Carolina woman was pulled over last Saturday for speeding past a stop sign at 60 mph. When she faced a possible arrest from officers, she told them she shouldn’t be taken in because she’s a “very clean, thoroughbred, white girl,” according to a police report.
Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was pulled over around 1:45 a.m. after a Bluffton police officer saw her drive through a four way stop sign. When Cutshaw was questioned by officers, she told them she just had two glasses of wine, according to the police report obtained by the Island Packet.
“I mean I was celebrating my birthday,” Cutshaw told the cops, according to the report.
According to the New York Post, Cutshaw’s excuses didn’t stop her from being charged with speeding, disregarding a stop sign, simple possession of marijuana, driving under the influence and possession of drug paraphernalia.
When it became clear that her arrest was imminent, Cutshaw gave the officers other excuses including: she had perfect grades in school, was a cheerleader and a member of a sorority, and her partner is a cop.
“I’m a white, clean girl,” Cutshaw said.
When the officers asked what she meant she replied, “You’re a cop, you should know what that means.”
The police officer believe Cutshaw’s remarks made it even clearer how under the influence she was.
“Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect’s level of intoxication,” according to the report.
According to the arrest report, Cutshaw had a blood alcohol level of 0.18, failed sobriety tests, had bloodshot eyes, and was also slurring her words.
Cutshaw was later booked into the Beaufort County Detention Center, but appeared to be released by Tuesday.
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024