(Photo: Splash News)
A mere four months after giving birth to Dream Kardashian, Blac Chyna has reached peak snapback.
The mom of two has been flaunting her figure on Instagram since she was just nine days post-partum. And if you thought she looked great then, you need to see the way she's looking now!
Chyna credits her snapback to waist trainers and teas. Naturally, she is a spokesperson for both. But do those things actually work? We have reason to be skeptical.
But wait, there's more. These products that are supposed to help you out actually screw you over in the long run.
From Marie Claire's report on waist trainers:
When you wear this 500-year-old device, you squish your lungs and ribs, which makes it hard to breathe. (Duh.) Some women have actually passed out from wearing one for too long, says Christopher Ochner, Ph.D., weight loss and nutrition expert at Mount Sinai Hospital. And if you keep wearing it for an extended period of time? It ain't pretty: Think crushed organs, compressed lungs, and fractured ribs.
Yikes. There doesn't appear to be any information backing this theorized health aid. Same goes for the teas.
Teen Vogue talked to experts about alleged fitness teas:
While some studies have shown a link between caffeine consumption and weight loss, others have also gone on to find a link between caffeine consumption and weight gain, leaving the evidence for weight loss from caffeine consumption in the dark. But daytime teas don’t stop at caffeine: some also contain dandelion root, another known diuretic. “The weight loss [from detox teas] is primarily, and probably all, water weight,” Dr. Karin Kratina, a nationally recognized nutrition therapist, tells Teen Vogue. “If true weight loss occurs, it is because a caloric deficit also occurred from a change in eating habits.”
Basically, ingesting senna is going to make you have go to the bathroom… a lot. And afterwards you’re going to feel lighter because you have successfully emptied out the entire contents of your intestines. While pooping out a pound or two might seem like an activity that’s innocent enough, the laxative process isn’t usually quick or painless. As ridiculous as it sounds, trips to the bathroom can take hours to complete after senna use. It’s why you’ll find warnings like “ensure you have ready access to a toilet during the day until you know how your body reacts to the tea" on nighttime detox teas.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine claims these are expected side effects of senna, but they also state: “Don't use senna for more than two weeks. Longer use can cause the bowels to stop functioning normally and might cause dependence on laxatives. Long-term use can also change the amount or balance of some chemicals in the blood (electrolytes) that can cause heart function disorders, muscle weakness, liver damage, and other harmful effects.”
Damn. Unless you're Nicki Minaj, this probably isn't what you're going for. Though we'd all love to believe there are quick ways to lose weight, science tells us that's just not so. Can't blame the celebs for promoting these things and getting their coin. It's up to all of us to conduct research and not just listen to something that's an #ad on Instagram.
In any case, can't deny that BC is looking incredible these days. Talk about revenge body.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024