STREAM EXCLUSIVE ORIGINALS

Kevin Durant Gives Non-Denial About Burner Account

The NBA superstar was asked about an X account that criticized his teammates.


It seems social media controversy just won’t leave Kevin Durant alone, not that he’s exactly denying his role in the latest one.

In case you missed it, during last weekend’s NBA All-Star Weekend festivities, Durant’s latest imbroglio started when he took to his verified X account to clap back at fans who were unhappy with the redesign of the NBA’s championship trophy and some of its individual player award trophies. That led to fans digging up posts from the account @gethigher77, which often shared some very interesting first-person insights about some of Durant’s current and former teammates.

There’s no clear proof that the account, which had been public but was quickly locked, belonged to Durant, but fans had their suspicions.

When the Houston Rockets superstar was asked directly about the account by reporters on Wednesday, he said some things, none of which was, “That’s absolutely not my account.”


“I know you’ve got to ask these questions, but I’m not here to get into Twitter nonsense,” Durant said after practice, per USA Today Sports. “I’m just here to focus on the season, keep it pushing, but I get why you have to ask those questions.”

Besides social media issues, Durant is in the midst of a solid 19th NBA season, averaging 25.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. He also just landed an endorsement deal to be skincare brand CeraVe’s “new face of legs.” 

Latest News

Subscribe for BET Updates

Provide your email address to receive our newsletter.


By clicking Subscribe, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge our Privacy Policy. You also agree to receive marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers) and other information from BET and the Paramount family of companies. You understand that you can unsubscribe at any time.