In a preliminary hearing for the case surrounding a 2008 kidnapping incident linked to Shaquille O’Neal, the alleged victim says the basketball legend’s ex-wife was contacted and told to “break bread and pay up.”
Robert Ross claims that the Main Street Crip gang kidnapped, robbed and beat him while mentioning O’Neal shortly after he had a business dispute with the star. In cross-examination, defense attorney James Bisnow attacked Ross’ credibility, asking him to discuss a Facebook message he sent to the boyfriend of Shaunie O’Neal on June 27—two weeks after he first testified and during a hiatus in the case. According to the Los Angeles Times, Bisnow asked Ross, “Didn’t you say that she needed to break bread and pay up?”
Ross said in response, “Something like that.” Bisnow then told the judge that the message in question showed a “continuing pattern of a person who lies and will do anything for money.”
Ross admitted to demanding money from O’Neal, saying he had a sex tape of the former Lakers center.
Ross later testified that he lied about having the sex tape to pressure O’Neal and his business partner to pay money he felt he was owed. Though authorities did look into the possibility of Shaq being involved in the kidnapping, the ex-basketball player denied involvement and was never charged.
(Photo: Christian Petersen/Getty)
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024