Larry Busacca/Getty Images
Following her recent success in the newly released Ghostbusters reboot, Leslie Jones has received her fair share of unwarranted backlash from racist trolls, one being a white, gay conservative journalist whose hateful words cost him big time.
According to TMZ, Milo Yiannopoulos, a tech editor for the conservative online publication Breitbart, got banned from Twitter after Leslie got into a defensive back and forth with him and his followers over an unnecessarily insulting and racist review of the film where he called the comedian "worthy of a minstrel show."
Maintaining her composure and refusing to call Yiannopoulos by his name, Leslie begged for Twitter to step in and handle the situation, and they definitely did.
Though he has been banned from the social media site, the hashtag #FreeMilo began trending shortly after with some users' justification being that his First Amendment rights are being violated.
Yiannopoulos is also a Trump supporter. This was made known when he spoke at a Gays for Trump rally in Cleveland.
Watch Jesse Williams speak on racism in the BET Breaks video above.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024