In messages posted to her personal Twitter and Facebook pages, Dawn Richard begins to give her side of the reportedly violent split with Danity Kane.
She was blocked from the group's social media accounts, she wrote, and apologized to fans for the way the story "leaked."
"I am sorry to everyone that this news has to come out. You're worth more," she declared. "Certain choices were made that I am not proud of. However, I will not be disrespected. Once again, I am sorry to the fans as this should have been handled privately not publicly."
"I continued to work with both parties to try to release the album even when the original story was leaked without anyone being consulted," she wrote.
"I have been unable to release my statement via Danity Kane social media because my access to all Danity Kane social media pages has been blocked by DK members. This forces me to make my statement on my personal page."
Dawn continued, "This could have all been handled privately; however, certain parties chose to make this public before it could be rectified. I am not justifying my actions. I am saying this was all done before any changes or conversations could even be had."
The post came with a link to a TMZ article in which she said the version of the story from Aubrey O'Day and Shannon Bex was "exaggerated lies and false accusations." It also came alongside a meme of Tupac with the quote, "Don't believe everything you hear. Real eyes. Realize. Real lies," reposted from former group member Aundrea Fimbres' Instagram.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Mark Davis/Getty Images for Clear Channel)
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024