Jeannie Mai is letting go.
Following a divorce filing by her husband Jeezy –whose real name is Jay Jenkins– The Jasmine Brand reported that the TV host has scrubbed "Jenkins" from her Instagram bio. This development comes days after she opened up on how her separation from the rapper affects her after they had married for two years.
“I’m taking it day by day,” she told Entertainment Tonight.
For her, work has been a welcomed distraction. “Thankfully, being able to have a show like this and to be able to come to work and be able to do something that you enjoy doing to get your mind off of things,” she explained to the outlet. “Right now, I’m just focusing on Monaco and focusing on things I am passionate about. When you’re surrounded by people, you get to laugh and look at things you enjoy doing in life… and you get through it.”
“I’m not gonna lie. It takes every day to just really sit and just be quiet in your thoughts, [to] take care of me,” she told host Sherri Shepherd. “But one thing I know is, you give God your pain, he will give you his power. Period. So every day I’m like, ‘Here you go, you got room for more?’”
She also revealed a digital detox has helped her get through this complex time in her life. “Turning off everything helps. After that moment, I just turned off every single device in my house and I really turned into the voices I need to hear, which was me and the truth.”
“Monaco is my north star, and I can definitely tell you that I don’t know if I would handle this the same way without her,” she noted. “Today, I am able to look at her and say, ‘What would I advise you if you were in my shoes?’ and it changes everything.”
For Mai, her relationship with her 1-year-old daughter –whom Jeezy is seeking joint legal custody of – has been a source of her strength. "I'm so thankful to be a mom, and I'm thankful to have her."
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024