It looks like things are back on for one of Love and Hip Hop’s favorite couples, Mimi Faust and Tamera “Ty” Young!
The reality star and now-retired WNBA player, who got together in 2016, instantly became a fan favorite as they navigated their growing love. We often looked forward to seeing the pair’s photos showing themselves on vacation and spending quality time with Faust’s daughter Eva.
In March, breakup rumors started to swirl shortly after their engagement. Faust later confirmed the couple had indeed split. “In relationships, you know, people grow apart. They grow different. They want different things. That’s what happened. We’re still friends. We still communicate.” said Faust during her IG live series, Margaritas with Mimi.
She went on to reveal that infidelity wasn’t the cause for their breakup. “There was no cheating going on in this relationship at all. It was all respect and all. People grow in different directions,” Faust added.
More recently, the pair has been enjoying each other's company again. Around Thanksgiving, Faust shared a picture of the two attending a Sneaker Ball. The following month, Young shared pictures of them embracing each other and sharing a laugh, leaving fans to wonder if they were back together.
In an interview with MadameNoire, Faust dished about the status of her relationship with Young.
“Yeah, we are kind of a work in progress. Oh, it’s a complete work in progress. There were things I needed to work on and things she needed to work on. We took a nice, good long break from each other. But we never stopped communicating,” said Faust. “We communicated even though we weren’t together for almost a year–we still communicated every day. And then as we were both working on ourselves, as we were still communicating, it brought us full circle back to where we are now. So life is funny like that.”
The Love and Hip Hop Atlanta star shared that the steps to get back to where they are now involved her dealing with some childhood trauma. “The step before work in progress was chaos, crash and burn! It was bad. Oh, it was bad. It was so bad,” Faust expressed.
She added, “And more so for me because I was dealing with so much bottled up things that I hadn’t dealt with since childhood. And I realized that I had stuff come up from when I was a little girl that I hadn’t dealt with. I said, ‘Listen, I got to deal with this first, before I can commit to someone in that way’. So, I had to get myself right.”
"Nobody can make you complete. They can just add to your happiness, but they can’t always be this person who made me complete. No, You have to come as a complete package yourself," she concluded.
We feel that. Join us in wishing the couple the best as they build on their love!
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024