Health Rewind: What’s Really in Taco Bell's Beef?
Plus, this year's allergy season is going to be awful.
1 / 10
Taco Bell Reveals What’s in Their Meat - To clear up any confusion about what’s in Taco Bell’s ground beef, the company launched a site explaining its ingredients. Business Insider reports that while 88 percent of the beef is made up of “premium beef,” the other 12 percent consists of “hard to pronounce” additives that, while safe, are very high in fat and sodium. — (@kelleent) Kellee Terrell (Photo: AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
2 / 10
President Obama Presses Colleges to Do More About Rape - Earlier this week, President Obama’s administration released new guidelines putting pressure on colleges and universities to do more to prevent the growing problem of sexual assault on campus. According to the New York Times, some of the recommendations include “conducting anonymous surveys about sexual assault cases, adopt anti-assault policies that have been considered successful at other universities.”(Photo: Rahman Roslan/Getty Images)
3 / 10
Eating Chicken Makes Kid Do What? - Eating chicken off of a bone can make kids act bad, says a new study. Researchers found that kids who hold their food and eat were twice as likely to be disobedient and violent with adults than kids who ate with utensils. Using teeth to bite into food also makes animals more aggressive too, Medical News Daily points out. (Photo: GettyImages)
4 / 10
Does Cross Fit Push People Too Hard? - Yes, Cross Fit is the new craze, but is it dangerous? In a recent article, the Washington Post sheds some light by discussing how intense these workouts are, the culture of pushing one’s body beyond the norm and how bragging about CrossFit injuries on social media is a growing trend. (Photo: GettyImages)
5 / 10
Calling Girls “Fat” May Increase Their Risk for Obesity - Telling girls that they are “fat” can increase their risk of obesity. Researchers found that girls (both Black and white) who were ridiculed were 1.66 times more likely to be obese by the age of 19. It’s believed that this negativity can help foster feelings of despair and usher in even more unhealthy lifestyle choices, HealthDay writes.(Photo: GettyImages)