(Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage)
Ray J, who is now a contestant on the British reality series Celebrity Big Brother, has been speaking out a lot lately, and the latest piece of information he's revealed involves Whitney Houston's death.
According to the Jasmine Brand, the Love & Hip Hop star said in a recent episode of CBB that he feels responsible for the death of the music icon.
During the episode, Ray J tells fellow contestant Stacy Francis, "It's something that nobody can explain. It's all my fault. All my fault... It's all my fault. All of that happened. I wasn't there"
"Stacy [Francis] and I — we had a conversation about what happened with Whitney Houston before she passed," he continued. "I never talk about it but it was something I felt she wanted to talk about and it was the right time so we talked briefly about it and I told them how I felt, how I blame myself on a lot of stuff."
Expounding on how he feels to blame for the "I Look to You" singer's death, he added, "I never really talked to no one about it. I don't know if I need to more as I've accepted it and it's deep inside of my heart but it still affects me."
Ray J and Houston were reportedly in a romantic relationship prior to her death.
See what Ray J has been up to lately in the BET Breaks video, above.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Talks Her New Book ‘Far Beyond Gold Running From Fear To FaithIn her memoir, the Olympic gold medalist explores her journey and all the obstacles she had to overcome to become one of the greatest track and field athletes ever.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024