Nia Wilson’s murder has been affecting millions who are struggling to understand why it happened.
Now, we’re getting to hear audio of the phone calls made to local authorities from bystanders near the 18-year-old shortly after the violent assault happened. Calls to officials describe the horrific scene.
“It looks like she’s on the platform, the lady,” a caller described. Later, while on the scene, dispatchers called in with more details. “We have two subjects and two lacerations,” they’re heard saying. “We have on CPR in progress… I got another one with lacerations to the neck… we have two victims.” You can also hear screaming in the background of calls made at the scene of the crime.
Nia Wilson later died from her injuries. Her sister, Letifah, was also targeted and assaulted, but survived the attack.
27-year-old John Cowell was arrested on Monday evening (July 23) at Pleasant Hill BART station without incident. He was booked on assault with a deadly weapon, violating his parole, and first degree murder.
It’s just been reported that Wilson’s father, Ansar El Muhammed, arrived at the courtroom where Cowell was to be arraigned before it even opened. He says he wants justice for both of his daughters and wants to see that process in person.
"My daughter was everything to me. She was beautiful, she had dreams,” El Muhammad told ABC7. “I am supposed to be planning her graduation not her funeral. Basically all I want is justice for my daughters.”
Hear the 911 dispatches from Nia Wilson’s death below.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024