(Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage)
Wendy Williams has recently come under fire for her years of strong opinions about Black women.
ICYMI: Many are accusing the 54-year-old talk show host of being jealous of the Black celebrities that she has criticized while sitting in her “Hot Topic” chair.
Recently, the talk show host spoke to Cosmopolitan magazine to clear the air about the accusations.
“I've heard that. But it's not true," The Wendy Williams Show host told Cosmopolitan. "Those people are saying the wrong thing—it's what they would like to believe, you see. Because I'm up here, so the only place that I can go is down."
For years, Wendy has been known to throw a little shade while delivering her humorous banter dishing on the latest in celebrity news, but to be clear, Wendy wants you to know, she has no tolerance for "dumb" behavior from any race.
"I'm fun! Right now I'm not, sorry. But I hate dumb women," she said. "And that goes for whatever color you are."
The New Jersey native also wanted to make clear, she is immensely proud to be a Black woman.
"People have accused me of bleaching my skin; of getting a nose job. They squint at my mom like, I didn't know Wendy was Asian. I am Black all day, honey pie. I am Black and very proud. I'm not going to do the no-makeup natural hair, whatever, beans, greens, lettuce, tomato, eh. But I've got more Black in my pinky than most of the gangsters behind their keyboards," she continued. "You come out of your house and you do a talk show, let me see how far you get with your attitude."
And to her haters, the former radio personality has a message for them. "People love to throw stones at me, and I get it," she said. "It's fun to make fun of me because I put myself out there. I'm a large personality and I got the funny bone; I voice my opinion and then people get upset."
With an upcoming season, whether you can’t stand to watch her shady moments or just love the show, it’s clear, "you tune in and watch every day,” and for that, Wendy wants to “thank you!"
- Young Thug Identified As the Alleged Gunman On 911 Call During YSL RICO TrialThe Atlanta rapper was ID'd by an unidentified woman in the 2013 incident.02/21/2024
- 'Who TF Did I Marry?’ 50-Part Confession Series Takes Over TikTokReesa Teesa took to the app to reveal how her journey in love took her down a rabbit hole filled with lies and deception.02/21/2024
- Beyoncé Makes History As the First Black Woman To Reach No. 1 On the Country ChartSince Feb 15, "Texas Hold Em" has accumulated more than 19.2 million official streams.02/21/2024
- Hydeia Broadbent, Prominent AIDS Activist and Motivational Speaker, Dies at 39She famously appeared on “A Conversation with Magic Johnson” at six years old where she discussed HIV awareness.02/21/2024
- Keke Palmer Sings ‘Inseparable’ In Honor Of Her Parents And Son Leo“I guess that’s what real love makes you feel,” said the Emmy winner.02/21/2024
- Paula Patton Gushes Over New Boyfriend“You are one of my greatest blessings!” said the actor.02/21/2024