Sheinelle Jones is enjoying the peace and quiet these days.
On Sunday (July 30), the Today host opened up with her followers on Instagram about a milestone she recently experienced; a solitary getaway to be at one with herself, as reported by PEOPLE.
Her post included a couple of selfies, along with picturesque views of her surroundings, including greenery, a mountainscape, an up-close snap of cacti, and a sight of the sun glistening over a creek.
The Today host reflected on a moment from her past when she tried something new, which motivated her to embark on a bid for her wellness.
"I remember the first time I went to the movies by myself; it was several years ago when I was having vocal issues and it was frustrating and tough for me to talk outside of work. That was a moment. I walked out of the theater thinking … "wow, I enjoyed my own company,'" she wrote.
That memory laid the foundation for Jones – a wife and mom to three– to set out on a new journey by herself.
She continued, "Fast forward to this week. I took my first "destination" trip alone. Only a couple of days by myself. You know what I learned? I still enjoy my own company. ☺️"
"I didn't have to talk when I didn't feel like it. I sat and ate dinner without a phone or a book to offer a distraction. Just my thoughts. I hiked. Meditated. Took so many pictures of the sky. Admired Gods handiwork. Lots of swimming. Lots of silence. It was transformative," she added.
Of the impact from her solo excursion, she said, "I am rejuvenated. I swear I discovered new gray hairs, even a birthmark I forgot about on my chin. Until next time. ❤️"
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024