While the new COVID variant, Omicron, is running rampant through the U.S., causing record-breaking infection numbers, apparently some are using it as an opportunity to scam the government.
Valesky Barosy, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was charged on Wednesday (December 29) for allegedly purchasing a Lamborghini, Rolex and more with fraudulently obtained COVID-19 relief loan money under the Paycheck Protection Program. Barosy and his accomplices received approximately $2.1 million in PPP loans from the fraudulent scheme.
Barosy, 27, is officially charged with filing for more than $4.2 million on behalf of himself and his cohorts. In total, Barosy is charged with five counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, and one count of aggravated identity theft. If convicted, Barosy faces up to 132 years in prison.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024