(Photo: AP Photo)
Benjamin Watson certainly isn't shy about sharing his opinions on race relations in the United States.
Back in November 2014, the then-New Orleans Saints' tight end spoke candidly about the Michael Brown murder and tensions in Ferguson.
Late last week, the current Baltimore Ravens tight end took to his Facebook account to share a link, highlighting his thoughts about Planned Parenthood.
And to keep it 100, Watson's comments might be his most controversial yet, as he said the organization was founded to "exterminate Blacks."
"I do know that Blacks kind of represent a large portion of the abortions, and I do know that honestly the whole idea with Planned Parenthood and [group founder Margaret] Sanger in the past was to exterminate Blacks, and it’s kind of ironic that it’s working," Watson said during an interview with the Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center.
The 13-year-NFL veteran and devout Christian added: "We [as minorities] support candidates, and overwhelmingly support the idea of having Planned Parenthood and the like, and yet, that is why she created it. We are buying it hook, line, and sinker, like it’s a great thing. It’s just amazing to me and abortion saddens me, period, but it seems to be something that is really pushed on minorities and provided to minorities especially as something that they should do."
And Watson's pointed criticism was far from finished, as he attempted to highlight hypocrisies between white and Black pregnancies.
"In the public, it seems to be painted that when minorities get pregnant they need to get abortions, especially when it comes to teen pregnancy," he continued. "It’s like when Black girls are pregnant, it’s like a statistic, but when white girls get pregnant, they get a TV show."
He then circled back to addressing abortions in the Black community.
"We sit here and talk about advancing the Black agenda, whatever that means, we talk about our interests, and what's important to us — like having political power and advancement and all those things — and then we are turning around and we are killing our children," Watson said. "And we are buying the lie that it's our personal decision to make."
Valid points or should the NFL vet take a seat with these thoughts?
BET Sports News — Get the latest news and information about African-Americans in sports, including weekly recaps, celebrity news and photos of your favorite Black athletes.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024