Photo of Jamarcus Glover by Louisville Metro Department of Corrections. Photo of Breonna Taylor courtesy of Justice For Breonna.
Jamarcus Glover claimed that police investigators are trying to make it look like he’s to blame for their botched raid in which officers fatally shot his ex-girlfriend Breonna Taylor.
In an exclusive interview with The Courier Journal, Glover, 30, said the cops used faulty information to convince a judge to grant them a no-knock search warrant of Taylor’s home on March 13.
"The police are trying to make it out to be my fault and turning the whole community out here making it look like I brought this to Breonna's door. There was nothing never there or anything ever there, and at the end of the day, they went about it the wrong way and lied on that search warrant and shot that girl out there," said Glover, who was the target of the narcotics investigation.
He denied that Taylor, a 26-year-old EMT, was involved in any illegal drug trafficking. Not long after his interview with the newspaper, the police arrested Glover on an outstanding warrant.
On the day that the police killed Taylor, Glover was recorded in a jailhouse phone call with another woman saying that Taylor was holding $8,000 for him, the newspaper said it independently confirmed.
Louisville police officers Brett Hankison, Myles Cosgrove, and Jonathan Mattingly executed a “no-knock” warrant at her apartment, which Taylor shared with her current boyfriend Kenneth Williams. Believing it was intruders, Williams fired his weapon and gunfire from the officers ensued. One officer was wounded, but Taylor had been hit eight times, and died.
The police raid found no money at Taylor’s apartment.
Glover denied to the newspaper that he told the woman on the phone that Taylor had his money.
"I don't care what they put on the media, I never said it was some money in Breonna's house on that phone," he said, adding that he was talking to his “baby mama” in the phone call.
He continued: “It wasn't no whole lot of me sitting there talking about nothing in Breonna's house."
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024