Photo: Burak Cingi/Redferns
Photo credit: Burak Cingi/Redferns
Rapper Travis Scott loves Mickey D’s so much that the fast food restaurant is naming a burger in his honor.
It will be the first time in 30 years that the chain has listed the name of a celebrity on its menu. The first was the “McJordan,” named for basketball legend Michael Jordan. That is set to change on Sept. 8, when the Grammy Award-nominated Houston rapper will have his name on the Quarter Pounder with Cheese. His version, however, will come with bacon, lettuce, pickles, onions, medium fries, a packet of BBQ sauce and a Sprite – the Travis Scott Meal, according to Business Insider.
For a limited time, consumers can purchase what is reportedly one of Scott’s favorite meals for $6.
McDonald’s confirmed it had reached a partnership with Scott and his record label, Cactus Jack, in a tweet, where the restaurant said the deal will run from Tuesday until Oct. 4. The company followed up with a written statement to CNN.
“Everyone has a favorite McDonald's meal, no matter who you are,” Morgan Flatley, McDonald's U.S. Chief Marketing Officer, said in the statement. “We’re excited to bring the Travis Scott Meal to a McDonald's near you starting next week.”
In addition to the meal deal, McDonald’s said Cactus Jack had also designed custom t-shirts for McDonald’s employees to wear during the promotion.
“I couldn't be more excited to bring the Cactus Jack x McDonald’s collaboration to life,” Scott also said in a written statement, according to CNN. “We are bringing together two iconic worlds.”
While the promotion runs, McDonald's and Scott are said to be exploring opportunities to give back by supporting some charitable organizations.
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Talks Her New Book ‘Far Beyond Gold Running From Fear To FaithIn her memoir, the Olympic gold medalist explores her journey and all the obstacles she had to overcome to become one of the greatest track and field athletes ever.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024